Author Topic: AN world calendar updates (as imagined by Rich56)  (Read 6156 times)

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
AN world calendar updates (as imagined by Rich56)
« on: March 01, 2011, 11:03:11 am »
Hello all, for a while there Rich (Rich56) had been publishing monthly updates of things going on with our members. I haven't seen one in a while and I myself always enjoyed reading them.  I'd like to keep it going if no one minds (not replacing Rich's role in this, and Rich...if you are reading this and still want to do it, it is all yours!). So I am kind of catching up the last few months, but basically the cutoff date is in the last month, except where a surgery is involved then I went back to December.  If I missed anyone or got the information wrong I apologize, but I did spend a good amount of time researching and getting everything down. Going forward, I'll keep a better track of what's going on and hopefully I won't miss so much and will only have to do it from month to month.  So without further ado, here's what we got:

Newest members (welcome aboard!)
Ellen K
Bscan1  (Denise)
Jdunavan (Joanne)
Kzepol
AngieUK
Melinda_australia
Ironstorm (and a postie)
Para1

Newest Posties:

Fav (Dan) 12/8 trans lab
Valeriel23  12/17
Hart’s husband (1/27) retrosig
Justducky’s husband (2/9)
BarbaraH (2/14)

Upcoming Surgeries:
Designergal (3/1)
JJB (April/May)
Hendi51 (March)

BAHA’s:
Jay (2/25)
Lynn Mc (approved)
Keith K (Gotcha 2/1)
4cm in Pacific Northwest (2/14 gotcha)
Tod (1/25)
another NY postie (Cheryl) 12/19 gotcha

Other mentions:
Kenneth K Ongoing CSF Leak issues
Mei Mei-ongoing headache issues

Anniversaries
Jay 12/09 one year
Tod 2/13 one year
Leapyeartwins (Jan) 3rd anniversary for BAHA surgery

8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: AN world calendar updates (as imagined by Rich56)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 11:39:47 am »
Jay .....

Hey, thanks for picking this up and going with it.  I, as well, followed Rich's updates and missed them.  It really helps to have them all together and you did an amazing job of researching posts for the latest info!

WOW!   :o  A lot of work!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

lori67

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 12:01:05 pm »
Great idea to keep it going!  Otherwise, I have no idea what's going on!   ::)

My 4 year AN anniversary was Feb 20th (yay!) and my 3 year BAHA Gotcha Day was in January.  And if I were better about putting these things on the calendar in the first place, you would have known that...   :-[

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

jaylogs

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 12:27:32 pm »
Thanks Lori and Clarice!! Yeah Lori, I did check the Calendar, that's how I saw Jan's anniversary for her BAHA.   ;D  By the way, for all the new people coming on here, we do have a calendar online that you can post various milestones and/or surgery dates on, check it out at http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments.  Anyone can post info on there! 
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 02:28:07 pm »
Jay ~

We appreciate your initiative to post the calender in text form to help keep everyone up to date.   Nice job!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 03:43:53 pm »
Great idea!  And thanks, Jay, for taking this on.  My BAHA Gotcha day got changed from Feb 17 to the 23rd, but I couldn't figure out how to change it.  I also had my 3 year MRI on Feb with no signs of regrowth!  Decided to get it done a little early this year, so it is out of the way now until next spring.yippee!!

And to everyone who is celebrating anything, congratulations!!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Kaybo

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 04:59:53 pm »
Jay-
My thanks too for taking this on - it's a huge job!  Rich did a phenomenal job but I'm sure it gets tiring!

K ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

jaylogs

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 07:03:45 pm »
Great idea!  And thanks, Jay, for taking this on.  My BAHA Gotcha day got changed from Feb 17 to the 23rd, but I couldn't figure out how to change it.  I also had my 3 year MRI on Feb with no signs of regrowth!  Decided to get it done a little early this year, so it is out of the way now until next spring.yippee!!

And to everyone who is celebrating anything, congratulations!!

Debbi

Congrats Debbi!!! That's very good news about your MRI....how's the BAHA working out for you, what kind did you get?
Jay

Debbi

• Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 07:30:57 pm »
Hey Jay,
Well, I have to say that the BAHA is exceeding all my expectations!  I got the BP 100, most recent version, according to my audio, which has gotten rid of sme of the "bugs".  I've only had it a week, but so far it is working great.  If I cover my good ear, I can hear pretty much everything with my device.  It sounds tinny, but as soon as I unblock my good ear, the tinny sound is gone.  Guess my brain is making that adjustment.  Anyway, I am trying to test it out in as many different situations as possible.  Very exciting!

How's things w you?

Debbi
2.4 cm Right Side AN

jaylogs

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 11:54:13 pm »
Going good here Debbie! :) And I'll stop saying anything else in this particular topic before the forum coppers beats me with a cyberstick for getting off topic! LOL

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 04:49:16 am »
Going good here Debbie! :) And I'll stop saying anything else in this particular topic before the forum coppers beats me with a cyberstick for getting off topic! LOL

Duly noted :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Debbi

• Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 08:15:22 am »
Oops, right -sorry about the thread semi-hijack!  :D :D
2.4 cm Right Side AN

moe

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 11:15:05 am »
Thanks Jay for doing this!
It is a big undertaking. I have a hard enough time figuring out what is going on in MY life!
Oh I just had a bilateral brow lift and left eye canthoplasty last week, and really didn't mention it, because I'm so tired of surgeries!!!!!
Worked out great. Staples to the head come out tomorrow, along with suture to left eye..... My left eye is less open and I require less ointment. Plus I can see and read out of the left eye without holding up my brow. Woo hoo!!
Cheers,
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

jaylogs

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 01:45:26 pm »
Awesome Maureen!! I hope this will be the end of surgeries for a while and you'll have some semblence of normalcy!!  :)
Jay

moe

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 08:46:48 pm »
Yep, at least my new normalcy ??? HOWEVER there is the one year post op gracilis flap follow up, and I MAY need an extra small surgery to finish up, but not EVEN thinking of that and won't RUSH into the OR again....
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty