Author Topic: I was featured on Cochlear's community web page for the BP100.  (Read 3498 times)

mikjul1

• Baha blog.
Hi all thought I would put this on here check it out and tell me what you think  ;D . It is my adventure with the BP100
:) BORN IN THE GOOD OLD USA :)
SSD on right side since 1974
BAHA surgery on 4/21/09 Dr. Carla Lawson
BP100 turn on date 8/13/09

sgerrard

Re: I was featured on Cochlear's community web page for the BP100.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 10:15:33 pm »
Hey Mike,

I hope you don't mind, I am posting the link here, for the "Google challenged" members:

http://www.cochlearcommunity.com/mikjul

Personally I think the BAHA looks good in the photo, you should wear your hair like that all the time. :)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 06:51:09 am »
Congratulations, Mike! 

Thanks for the link, Steve - I am one of those google-challenged members of which you speak  :D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

grega

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 07:19:41 am »
Excellent Mike ..... way to go !!!!!!!!!  If we ever meet, I'll know it's you cause of your great hair!

And no problem with hat position?  That'll be part of my discussion on final baha placement.

Greg
1.5 cm AN retrosig 11/04.
Drs. Henry Brem & Michael Holliday @ Johns Hopkins, Baltimore
SSD right. Tinnitus big-time, only when thinking of it.
BAHA since 7/20/10 ... really helps w/ hearing, specially after programming in subliminal message: "Hey, don't listen to your tinnitus!"

wendysig

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 09:56:53 am »
Congratulations Mike!

Having been SSD for over a year I can imagine how you felt when you finally got your processor.  Probably like me but X 30.  I'm so glad this works so well for you.  I'm sure when your doc turned you on, it was a very emotional moment.  May your improved hearing bring you many, many more happy moments.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 12:34:16 pm »
Great!

DHm
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 01:40:34 pm »
Lookin' good! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 02:50:13 pm »
Mike ~

Congratulations on - not only your BAHA and the added hearing it has given you - but for having your story publicized where other SSD folks can benefit from it.  Up until now, I've only seen photos of women with (relatively) long hair wearing the BAHA.  The Cochlear Community article with the accompanying photo is very useful for guys who might wonder how the processor would fit/look on them.  Well done.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

mikjul1

• Baha blog.
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 03:14:11 pm »
Thanks all  ;D and Greg I use to have a military cut but grow it out for the Baha I am glad it still grows lol some spots thinning out but oh well I am not the only one  ;D . I have no tried my hats on yet but if that is the only thing I can cut a square piece out for the Baha. Thanks Steve for posting my link I forgot to do that. I had it open so you could see the BP100 but my hair does cover it and you can not see it but I do not mine it showing proud of my new found hearing  ;) . Yes Wendy it was emotion only us who have been deaf can only understand the emotion of going from Deaf to hearing that is why I want people to now about the Baha it is a technical miracle. No problem Jim I only saw womens pics. of Baha on them that is why I did that.

Your Friend,
                                                                                 Mike
:) BORN IN THE GOOD OLD USA :)
SSD on right side since 1974
BAHA surgery on 4/21/09 Dr. Carla Lawson
BP100 turn on date 8/13/09