Author Topic: Please pray for Jason..  (Read 6934 times)

cindyj

Re: Please pray for Jason..
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 05:04:46 pm »
I missed it also...thanks for updating us again, Brian.  Hope he's on his way to full wellness very soon.

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 05:43:51 pm »
Will keep Jason & his family in my thoughts & prayers.

Putting good thoughts out,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Vivian B.

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 05:59:31 pm »
Thanks for the update. Prayers going Jason's way.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 05:05:18 am »
Brian,
Thanks so much for updating.  Thoughts and prayers going out to Jason and his family.  I hope he has smooth sailing from here on out.  Also, would like to say that those of us in the Houston area are lucky to have you here Brian.  You always go above and beyond in helping all of us.  You are appreciated!

Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 09:12:12 am »
Pooter,

3 days have passed since your original post here... How is Jason today?

DHM
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 10:47:53 pm »
Brenda, thank you. I'm not here on the forum every day like I used to be but I remain available and active thru the ANA list. I do what I can. Thanks!  Look for Gloria (Jason's mom) at the meeting tomorrow. I can't make it as I originally planned.

DHM: I post updates as I get them from Jason's mom. I have been emailing her asking for updates when I don't hear from her in a week or so. Given that, I'll email her again this weekend or early next week. Rest assured that I'll update here as I hear more.

Thanks everyone for the prayers.

This last two weeks have been killer so time for bed.

Regards,
Brian 
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2009, 09:30:00 am »
Okay, latest update from Jason's mom:  "Had a other minor setback on Saturday. Dr removed the last of his three staples...these were put in this last surgery when shunt was put in and head leaked tho they had not opened his head. Anyway, dr thought he didn't have to c him til nov 30 but on sat following the removal of the staples, Daniella called and said jason's ear was swollen and it looked like fat was leaking from the one particular part of his incision that just doesn't want to heal. Of corse we were very concerned...called dr and he saw Jason and pressed on the swollen part and lots of "gunk" came put...gross! Dani said it looked like jelly or marmalade..don't know quite what it was but dr said it needed to co
E out and was glad it had. Put him on a mega dose of antibiotics and rebandaged his head. Saw him today again as dr thought he might have to put a stitch or two in and didn't end up having to....great news, so we r hoping that little stubborn delicate area heals real soon. "

Let's all hope and pray that he's FINALLY on the right track with his recovery..  As soon as their up to it, I've offered for a group of us from the Houston area to meet up with them for lunch or something.  When we get to that point, I'll be hitting some of you Houston area folks up (Brenda, Maggie, Patrick, et al)..

Thanks everyone!

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2009, 09:14:39 pm »
Wow, poor Jason; he just can't catch a break.

Hope this is the end of his problems and that the rest of his recovery is uneventful - he certainly deserves a little boredom  :)

Thanks for the update, Brian.  I'll keep saying prayers for Jason.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2009, 06:20:11 am »
Brian,

I'm glad to hear that Jason finally appears to be on the road to recovery.  I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 09:54:26 am »
Hi Brian,

I am definitely available to meet!  I will be gone the first weekend in Oct., but other than that am free on weekends. Just let me know.

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 11:52:13 am »
Brian ~

Thanks for the 'Jason update'  The poor guy has certainly suffered - and fought back against the odds.  I trust that he'll be O.K., now.  He certainly deserves a break!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.