Author Topic: Hearing Loss and Work  (Read 4984 times)

Vivian B.

Re: Hearing Loss and Work
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 07:17:58 pm »
Hi Connie,

I am sorry to hear that. I am on the phone quite a bit at work and even at 30% hear loss, by the end of the day my head feels funny and everything sounds weird. I would speak to your doctor and maybe get a letter from him/her to give to your Employer to show that you cannot do that type of job and to consider another alternative. Good luck.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

ConnieJ

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 04:28:22 pm »
Hi Everyone, sorry I haven't been back in a while. I have a lot going on. Things are still the same at work, nothing has changed there. I have a doctors appt. set up in a couple of weeks to talk to him about my situation, (he was my surgeon). I saw my family doctor and he said there is no reason that my surgeon won't help me, so I think I am on the right track, I just don't want to  lose  my job. I can't be with out work. I so appreciate all your feed back it has made me feel so much better, I was feeling kind of like a cry baby, so thank you for making me feel better and it so nice to have a place to come to where people truly understand.
I will keep you all posted on how my appt. goes. Thanks again for your feedback and positive thoughts.. God Bless!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 06:47:08 am »
Connie -

don't feel like a crybaby.  You have a very valid concern.

I, like most, can't be out of a job either and I can totally relate to the way you feel. 

I hope your doctors will be able to help you and that your employer sets up to the plate and does the right thing.

Wishing you the best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways