Author Topic: Head tingles when I move  (Read 2197 times)

Ernie

Head tingles when I move
« on: October 06, 2009, 10:20:14 am »
I am having a weird sensation that I was wondering if anyone has delt with after surgery.  I have this tingling/vibrating feeling along the surgery side of my head when I turn my head to the left or look up.  It also effects me when I ride in a car or walk.  I am two months post op so I don't know if it is just a nerve that is still settling down and it is just going to take some more time or if I need to get into a neurologist or some other doc about it.  I live just north of Sacramento does anyone know of good docs in this area?  Please help.

Ernie 

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Head tingles when I move
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 02:05:59 pm »
Hi, Earnie ~

That tingling sensation may be, as you suspect, a nerve 'settling down' or just plain old healing.  I would suggest mentioning it to your doctor.  I live on the east coast (Connecticut) so cannot help with information on doctors located in San Diego, California.  However, we do have a forum that covers doctors and you might want to post your question there.  http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?board=6.0

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Joe B

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 05:38:17 am »
Ernie

I had the same feeling for the first couple of months after surgery. I thought it felt more like a low voltage electricity (around my entire brain) when I moved my head from side to side. I don't recall having that feeling recently( I am 4 months post op), but I have had more of a 'pins and needles' feeling a couple of times at the surgical area, but it didn't last long. Hopefully over time the sensations will also diminish for you.

Joe B
2.9 cm AN left side
MRI 5/13/09
Translab 6/04/09 Tampa General Hospital
SSD

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 07:19:02 am »
Ernie -

I didn't have any tingling or vibrations, just numbness - for a very long time.

You ask about a doctor.  Can't you go back to the doctor who did your surgery?  That's where I'd start if possible - since he obviously knows your surgical history.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways