Author Topic: Dale's Surgery next week Wednesday (6/30) at House  (Read 2842 times)

nipanddale

Dale's Surgery next week Wednesday (6/30) at House
« on: June 25, 2006, 12:45:25 am »
Hi everyone,

This might be the last post Dale or I make for a while, although he might surprise me and get online before we leave on Monday. Actually we haven't posted a lot recently because we've been trying to get everything in order so that we can fly to Los Angeles for surgery. But before we go I want to thank everyone who chimed in with support and advice it has been so helpful in getting us through such a tough transition. We have also been talking to people in the local AN support group and tomorrow there is a meeting that we are going to attend, they have been great as well. To be honest I'm not sure I would have worked so hard to convince Dale to go to House if it hadn't been for all of you. And I'm not sure I could have kept my sanity if I didn't have this outlet, it is so therapeutic. I won't lie to you and tell you I'm not nervous or scared, I am - he has been my partner for eleven years and this is a big deal, but I believe that a higher power is watching out for us and handing this over to him.

Ok, I'm getting weepy now -  I must move on so I can stop this.

Here is the plan for next week:

We are flying to Los Angeles on Monday just in time for Dale's pre-op appointments at St. Vincent's and surgery is on Wednesday at 12pm PST. We are prepared to be in LA for at least two weeks and hope that we will be sent home early because Dale recovers so quickly. 

Please keep us in your prayers and thank you again for being an amazing group of people. You have all been through so much and are stronger for it, thank you for inspiring me and my husband everyday.

Norma a.k.a. nip of nipanddale  :)

3.5cm Diagnosed June 2006 - Removed June 28, 2006
House Ear Clinic - Los Angeles, CA
Surgical Doctors: Brackmann, Hitselberger, Kutz, and Stefan
CFS Leak Doctor: Friedman
Follow-up Doctor: Cullen

Entire tumor removed
Facial nerve intact

Today is a good day!

cookiesecond

Re: Dale's Surgery next week Wednesday (6/30) at House
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 03:21:26 am »
Norma,
You guys will be in our prayers from start to finish and then some!!!!
Take care,
Lynn

Battyp

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 08:33:08 am »
Best of everything to you guys.....
I'll be praying for you and for Kim as you guys are neck and neck!

Travel safe!

matti

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 10:08:22 am »
Hi Norma -  Keeping you both in my prayers.  I am very confident that Dale will do just fine while at House and throughout his recovery, because you are an amazing wife and support system for him. My husband walked every step of my AN journey with me and I know it is because of him that I did so well.

Hopefully you will be able to check in with us while at House and keep us updated

Sending hugs to you and Dale

Cheryl

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Desilu

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 03:04:22 pm »
Hi Norma,

Glad to hear the good news that you are going to House. I believe you and Dale will be very pleased with your decision to go there. If you are staying at Seton Hall while Dale is in the hospital, Seton Hall does have internet service in the dining area/kitchen that you can use and let us know how he is doing. We are all concerned for everyone on this website and we feel like we are part of an extended family. My thoughts and prayers will be with you both. Looking forward to hearing the good news after Wednesday.  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

eyedocjim@gmail.co

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 09:38:12 pm »
We are praying that all went well for you out there. we took our 16 year old for surgery there this past valentine's day, so we have a pretty good idea of what your'e going through, although it goes without saying that no two surgeries or hospitatlzations are alike.

Please stay in touch when you feel up to it!!

Jim, dad of Brian