Author Topic: Great Dr. in Indiana (recommendation)  (Read 3733 times)

Robquinn9

Great Dr. in Indiana (recommendation)
« on: March 14, 2006, 01:13:19 pm »
I'd like to let everyone know tha Dr. Troy Payner and Dr. Jerry House are excellent, and based in Indianapolis, IN. 

They performed a rt side, 2.5x2.8, AN retrosigmoid removal on my wife yesterday.  It was 100% removed, facial nerve intact; actually the auditory nerve is too (and they were surprised). 

This morning in ICU, my wife was doing awesome and experiencing only what we would expect her to at this time.

Worth a shot if you are in MI, IN, KY, OH, IL. 
Wife had 2.8 x 2.5 Rt Side AN removed by Dr. House, Dr. Payner @ St. Vincents in Indy on 3/13/2006.

Battyp

Re: Great Dr. in Indiana (recommendation)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 01:58:27 pm »
I'm curious...did you wife have any facial numbness?

Glad she did awesome!  Tell her to get better fast and we're all sending prayers for a speedy recovery!

Robquinn9

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 12:48:49 pm »
She is having some, yes.  They expected that and likewise expect it to subside.

Wife had 2.8 x 2.5 Rt Side AN removed by Dr. House, Dr. Payner @ St. Vincents in Indy on 3/13/2006.

Boppie

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 03:34:35 pm »
Rob, Since that facial nerve was intact, the functioning will return as the numbness subsides.  This will recover in time.  Congratulations to you and Amy.  Wishing the face and balance a speedy recovery.  Hang in there!

Battyp

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 07:37:02 am »
I was curious because my face is still numb I'm 7 mos post op. The doctors acted like not a real big deal but to me it is  lol  Keep us posted on how Amy is doing! 

Robquinn9

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 08:07:38 am »
Her face is numb but she's able to move her cheeks and shut her eye on the right side, which I think very positive.  Rumor has it she may be home this afternoon just the third day post surgery, which is also great.  I was able to take a little walk with her in the hall yesterday at the hospital. 

Assuming she meets the release criteria, my next challenge is to keep our 2 yr old from smothering her with hugs and kisses!! 

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 09:56:41 am »
Rob, the news we love to hear! Please give Amy my wishes on continued speedy recovery... and I certainly can't  blame your 2-yr old for having their heavy-duty-Mom-busting-hugs all ready for her!
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Robquinn9

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 08:33:43 am »
Went back in overt the weekend for a suspected CSF leak.  It is one.  She's under great care again; has a lumbar drain in place.

Battyp

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 10:51:24 pm »
Rob what if anything did the doctors say about the facial numbness?  I can blink my eye and move my check I just can't feel any of it.  Those little one kisses are the best medicine!  My niece would come over and slobber me...she did learn which cheeck is the good cheek and which one was the boo boo cheek

Robquinn9

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 06:09:16 am »
The doctors predicted some temporary facial numbness.  It is there for sure but is really not too bad in the grand scheme.  Amy is so early into the recovery phase that I can't say I am concerned yet.  The doctors seem to be satisfied with what movement and control she has when she's examined.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 03:21:11 pm »
Rob, glad to hear Amy is hanging in there and doing ok... please let her know I continue to send positive energy, huggles and good thoughts to her... and to you and family. Hang in there and please keep us updated.

Phyl

The doctors predicted some temporary facial numbness.  It is there for sure but is really not too bad in the grand scheme.  Amy is so early into the recovery phase that I can't say I am concerned yet.  The doctors seem to be satisfied with what movement and control she has when she's examined.
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 09:05:46 pm »
We're with you guys.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz