Author Topic: The Aussie returns  (Read 2919 times)

CC

• My homepage!
The Aussie returns
« on: April 09, 2006, 07:21:26 am »
Hello all

I logged onto my gmail today to find an e-mail from a newbie.  And so, after months of - I'm sorry - forgetting about you all I find myself here and posting again.  Now before you say it, I know, I became one of those people who had CK then merrily went on with their life completely forgettting they had an AN (well almost).  And to be truthful that's the way it's been.  Other than minimal word loss when the ambient noise is high I've been great!  In fact so great I'm assuming the darn thing's dying already.  Will find out when I have my first (6mth) MRI in a couple of weeks.

For those who helped when my employer was being awful, just to let you know we both have great new jobs with amazing companies and will remain here in the US (with good health insurance!) for another couple of years.  This will give me time to ensure the AN's well any truly on it's way to the pearly gates (or wherever ANs go when they die).

But I couldn't have done it without the care and support given by everyone on this forum.  You have been amazing and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

Enough sap.  Write and tell me how you all are.  I saw shoegirl's and okiesandy's foillow up MRi postings - way to go guys.  And the rest of you?????  Write me before the cherry blossoms are gone in this beautiful city.  :D

CC

3cm right side AN
Cyberknife 10/28/05
Dr Chang
Stanford
CC
3cm AN
CK Oct 05
with Dr Chang at Stanford

SKT

Re: The Aussie returns
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 08:49:23 am »
Hi CC

Just read your post.  Very happy to hear you have been feeling so great and congrats on your job.

I'm assuming you're obviously originally from Australia.  Did you move to the US for your AN treatment.  Curious, as I'm from Australia too.

Kind Regards
Sofia

Battyp

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 09:20:07 am »
CC you mentioned Cherry blossoms are you in the DC area?  There is a newbie on board looking for doctors in that area. 

So glad things are going well for you!  We love hearing good outcomes it gives us hope things will get back to normal!

shoegirl

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 09:33:42 am »
CC,

I so happy to hear that you are doing well!  I have been thinking of you and wondering how you are - it is good to see a post from you.  I have been wanting to say Thank you!  Your posts really helped me feel comfortable and prepared for CK.  Especially your posts during treatments.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!  :D

I hope you get a good report when you have your followup MRI.  Please post your results, would love to hear an update.

Take Care, Suzanne
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 06:03:59 pm »
CC!
Welcome back! Thrilled to hear you are doing great and things are going swimmingly for you here!  Cherry blossoms are certainly in bloom in DC and hoping you are enjoying the view!

Just finished my CK in Boston this past Friday and now on the heels of you all that are doing terrific! It's your support, encouragement, and success stories that help me during this time. Looking forward to hearing more about your MRI and please please keep us updated!

Phyllis
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

SuzeAN

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 08:25:56 pm »
Hi CC,
Welcome back, I haven't been on here as regularly either; but I just had my 6 mo. MRI (forgot just how loud that is) and have to wait 48 hrs for the results, then they send the images to my doctor in Phoenix so I have to wait again to hear what he will have to say.  Hoping its good news, I feel great! 

Glad to hear the good news for you, sounds like you are doing well!

Cheers,
Sue
2.5 cm, left side
CK-Barrows 10/05

Mark

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 11:58:19 pm »
Hi CC,

Just joining the crowd in welcoming you back to the ANA board, you have been missed. It's so wonderful to hear you're continuing to do well since we last talked. Obviously, some of the other posts have already echoed what a positive influence and help you have been for folks here.

You will note that the board has changed a little since you last posted. A cruise ship has formed with Captain Deb at the helm and a cast of other characters including your penguin phobic countryman Larry ( I still don't know what that's about  ;) ). Defintiely a more entertaining group  ;D

Will you be going back to Dr. Chang for your MRI or just sending him the scans to review?

Mark
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

jamie

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 12:42:04 pm »
Welcome back CC! Glad to hear you're doing well, I knew you would.  ;)
CyberKnife radiosurgery at Barrow Neurological Institute; 2.3 cm lower cranial nerve schwannoma

okiesandy

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 01:32:37 pm »
Great to have you back. I have been wondering how you are doing. Hang around here some. We need all of the encouragement possible.

Sandy
Cyberknife 1/2006
Clinton Medbery III & Mary K. Gumerlock
St Anthony's Hospital
Oklahoma City, OK
Name of Tumor: Ivan (may he rest in peace)

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2006, 03:11:07 am »
CC,

Beauty mate!

Laz

2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz