Author Topic: problem for eye sight  (Read 2206 times)

richh

problem for eye sight
« on: April 17, 2006, 08:56:12 pm »
My AN is 1.5cm on the right side.   
Back in Dec last year, I visited an ENT for suspecting a slight hearing dropping in my right hear.  I did not really feel anything uncomfortable that time.

The ENT prescibed me high dose of Nova-Predisone.  This medicine brought all other symptoms in.  And my hearing dropped sharply.   After first cycle (a month) of the medicine, I told the ENT that something wrong with the medicine.   He said thsi is the only medicine that he can gave.   Then he prescibe another cycle of the same medicine.   It make my hearing and tinnitus even worse.   I told him again I cannot continue the medicine.  Then he send me for another doc for second opionin amd MRI.

The MRI shows an AN 1.5cm x .7mm.   

Now I have tinnitus on the right.   The tinnitus seems having two layers.   One is high-pitched frequency.  The other is low frequency.  The lower one bothers me a little when tired or excited.

But I feel that my eyes seems troubled me more.    It seems that I did not see many people have eye symptoms here.
I kinda feel there are more black dots and frames when I  blinks my eyes (than before).   If I watch shining object, the blacken object will last a lttle while.  Since I am doing software, I watch computer screen most of the time.   I feels that the eyes feel tired more easily than before.  Occasinally I have a little sense that the sightsee become a little brownish.  But when I watch outside of the window.  It is normal.

I feels surgery is my option at the beginning.  ( I still feel more on this side than other options.)  If the FSR could potenentially make surgery more difficult in case it fails, surgery could be my choice.  But I am still learning from this forum. 

Thanks you all for the contribution to the forum, and also Phyl.

Battyp

Re: problem for eye sight
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 07:16:43 am »
Richh,
  Have you seen a neuroopthamalogist?  I went to my eye doctor the friday before I was diagnosed.  And was told her was surprised he didn't detect it on the testing they did.  Mine was not pressing on my ocipital nerve.  In fact I think that is the only nerve it missed  lol  Maybe your tumor is touching that nerve?  I know post surgery I'm having trouble with my left eye which I think is a common thing from what I've read.

I had what I call buggy eyes where it was hard to focuse sometimes and had more floaters but nothing that alarmed the eye doctor.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 08:06:54 am »
HI Rich,

Great to see you!  Thanks so much for sharing this with us.  I'm personally not aware of eye issues as such but I know many surgical patients here have run into some issues...

... have had some minor "blur" since my CK but nothing major.  I can relate to the tinnitus pitch issues, especially the high pitch (sirens, etc) and some low (motorcycles and such).  Still walking around outside with cotton in my ears.... but, overall, very tolerable to me and if this is the worst of what will occur with me, heck, I'll take it!

Keep on posting... great to see you here!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Raydean

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 04:54:55 pm »
I'm not an expert, or a doctor, but the suggestion to see a neuro-ophthalmology is an excellent idea.
I know that the eyes can reflect neurological conditions, as an example nystagmus tho it involves the eye can be ( and was) a neurological response. Blurriness of vision, accompanied by headache was also a symptom related to the AN, " but not the AN itself" 

Trust your instints and follow thru  with the necessary exams.  I'm a firm believer in listening to your body and following your instints.   

Please let us know what you find out.

Best to you
Raydean
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

richh

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 07:31:25 pm »
Thank you all.  Yes, I have an appointment with ophthalmologist in May 8.
Not sure whether he is neuro-ophthalmology.