Author Topic: This Week 1/24 “2010” in the AN World  (Read 2282 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 1/24 “2010” in the AN World
« on: January 24, 2010, 02:13:48 pm »
Kathy (Kathy M) we all hoped that your mastectomy would end your battle with breast cancer.  We are very sorry to read that you have stage 3 cancer.  Please know that we are hoping and praying for you as you continue the fight.  You will beat it!

We are still waiting for news on how DJ’s (Coach DJ), and Joanne’s (Joanne7151) translab surgeries went.

Hopefully Mary Ann’s (margen) BAHA Gotcha Day was everything she expected it to be.

And, Captain Deb (Captain Deb) doesn’t expect to know how effective the Botox treatments were for 3 to 4 weeks.  We’ve got our fingers crossed for you Captain Deb.

Lynn’s (Lynn Mc) translab surgery went very well.  Scarlett and I stopped by the MGH waiting room on our way to her VPT/PT appointment, and had the pleasure of meeting Lynn’s youngest daughter Vicki, as she waited patiently during her Mom’s surgery.  Congratulations Lynn as one of our newest Posties.

Tuesday USA (USA2010) is having retrosigmoid surgery.  Your service in the US Military is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Friday Sue (vogstar5) will be going in for BAHA surgery.

We trust your surgeries will be a complete success, and without complication.  Our thoughts and prayers will be with you both.

Happy Anniversary Keri (Keri) as you celebrates your 1 year anniversary in Postieland on Friday.

Happy Birthday Debbi.  We hope you have a wonderful day of celebration on Saturday.

We continue to hold good thoughts for those recovering.  Keep your chins up, for brighter days.

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: This Week 1/24 “2010” in the AN World
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 03:05:19 pm »
Thanks, Rich.

Hopes and prayers will be in effect for 'USA' come Tuesday, surgery day.

Ditto for Sue and her BAHA surgery on Friday.  

I was encouraged by the news of Lynn's successful surgery and appreciated her daughter, Vicki, posting the update.  Go, Lynn!  :)

I share your hope that Joannn and DJ's respective surgeries were both successful and uncomplicated.

I also hope that Mary Ann's BAHA 'Gotcha'! day is as rewarding as she wishes it to be, as I'm sure it will.

Fingers and toes crossed for a successful result from Captain Deb's Botox treatments.  

Kathy knows that she has the total and unequivocal support of every member here as she battles cancer - and wins!

Finally, but hardly least, a Happy 1-year anniversary to Keri and a very happy birthday to Debbi.  

I join you, Rich, in wishing all o0f the recovering AN patients here good thoughts and fast healing, including Scarlett.

Jim

« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 03:13:23 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 03:54:43 pm »
Rich, I really enjoy reading these posts you do, I know it's a lot of work keeping up on everyone's activities here...Just wanted to let you know it's very much appreciated! :)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

sgerrard

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 06:25:37 pm »
Kathy, DJ, Joanne, Mary Ann, Captain Deb, Lynn, USA, Sue, Keri, Debbi. And Rich & Scarlett.

All the best to you.  8)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Keri

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 05:43:41 pm »
thanks for the anniversary wishes! i get to celebrate by visiing the tube o gloom. i think i'll ask for music this time. normally, i just hear all those banging noises!

i hope your BAHA surgery goes well tomorrow, sue!

have a good week everone.

thanks, rich.

keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!