Author Topic: Lynn is in Boston  (Read 8568 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Lynn is in Boston
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 03:40:23 pm »
Vicki ~

Thanks so much for the update on your mom!  It appears to have been a very successful surgery.  Congratulations to Lynn and may her recovery be rapid and complete.  Take good care of her - and yourself, too.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Tamster

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 05:04:44 pm »
Hi Vicki and Lynn
I'm so glad the surgery is behind you. Here's to hoping that you can get on top of the pain with meds so that head isn't so achy and neck isn't so painful.
Welcome to the postie side!!! May your recovery be continually better day by day!

Tammy
6mm AN left side, diagnosed Sept 22, 2009
Middle Fossa  December 8th 2009,  Drs. Brackmann and Schwartz.
Facial nerve preserved, tumor out, SSD. tinnitus.

Life isn't t about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/Tamst

lori67

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2010, 07:23:56 pm »
Vicki,

Thanks for taking the time to update us.  I'm sure you must be pretty exhausted too.

I'm so glad to hear your mom is doing well - of course we all knew she would do just fine!

That was so nice of Scarlett and Rich to stop by to see you.  I know it must have meant a lot to you.  We're all there in spirit, but I'll bet it was a welcome relief to have someone there in person.

Tell mom to feel better soon!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 09:17:10 pm »
Vicki -

thanks for the update on your mom.  I'm glad her surgery is over and she's doing well.

Mike is right - a stiff neck is very common post op.  It's a result of the way the head is positioned during surgery.  The soreness and stiffness will go away in time.

I'm glad you got to meet Rich & Scarlett; they are both wonderful members of our Forum.

Please give your mom our best and tell her we are anxiously waiting for her to be able to post again.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 10:19:23 pm »
Glad to hear things look good.  She's in great hands at MGH.  I'll be thinking of you and your mom!

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

gingerbread6

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2010, 07:28:46 am »
Thanks Much on the update on your Mom, Vicky.

This is Marie who passed along the magic scarf to her. I am so happy that her surgery went to well. Please give her my regards for a speedy recovery. We are all pulling for her on the forum.

Way to go, Lyn!! My thoughts, and prayers as well as good wishes are with you. Rich and Scarlett are super people, you are so fortunate to have met them. I met them at our last brunch. Hope to see everyone soon at the next brunch.

Stay strong, and take one day at a time.

God Bless you,

Marie

Gingerbread 6

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2010, 08:34:25 am »
Good.  Got that behind you and on with the recovery phase.  I hope the pain is easily managed and less noticeable each day.
See you at the brunch, Lynn!
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2010, 04:01:19 pm »
Vicki, thank you VERY much for updating us all...very glad to hear your mom had a successful surgery.  My thoughts and prayers go with  you all now that she is an official "postie" and is in recovery! Take care!!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

skamper

• Disneyworld with my girls!
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2010, 10:46:15 pm »
Vicki,
I hope your mom is doing well and that her headaches deminish soon.  I am so glad to hear the surgery went well and that they got it all.
I know I found everyone on this forum to be of huge help.  I haven't had my surgery yet, nor do I know when it's scheduled.  I just hope I have all the support that your family has had for your mom.
Take care and tell her we all wish her the best!
Hugs! 
"Accept what it is and keep on Living!"
Susan
Diagnosed 12-09
AN right side 2.3 x 2.6 x 1.9
97% balance loss, minimal hearing loss
Surgery 4-2-10 at Methodist Hospital, Dr. Long and Moore
1.5 cm tumor left on 7 nerve.  Gamma knife 1-2013

Lynn Mc

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 02:10:53 pm »
Hi everyone,

I really want to thank you all SO much for all the support for myslf & my family.  Rich & Scarlet still have Vicki in tears with their visit and I found it beyond touching.  Vicki was so impressed with ALL the suppot from all of you.

I am doing very well.  The neck has looseened up tremendously ( I really had an exceptional accupuncherest & theray gal work on me for about a month before surgery).  My head ache has subsided some BUT I an still pretty LOOPY.

I will try to grt back on the forum a little more.  Typing is a little more off than mormal, plwase excuse.

The Magic Scarf will be off to KIWI as soon as I can get a picture with my hair washed.  It is a wonderful symbol & seems to make you very at peace with yourself.

Love You All,
Lynn
Translab 01/22/10.  12 x 11.7 x 8.2 mm.
Dr's McKenna/McCall at Mass Eye & Ear,
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA implant 04/08/11 Dr. Merchant
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"

Keri

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 04:33:05 pm »
So glad you're doing better and that's great that Scarlett and Rich stopped by. They're so nice.
Keep improving!
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 05:52:18 pm »
Yeahhh Lynn, glad to hear things are already getting better, looking forward to the magic scarf pictures!  Can anyone imagine what this whole experience would have been like if we hadn't found this discussion forum? I can't...and I don't wanna! :)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

epc1970

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 06:01:35 pm »
Lynn
I so happy to hear that you are doing well! Keep us posted on how you are doing...we are hear if you have any questions or concerns along the way!
Erin

LisaP

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2010, 11:37:26 am »
Hi Lynn,

Glad to hear that the surgery went so well and you are recovering, keep in touch and hopefully you will be well enough to join us at the luncheon in April.  You have my number and e-mail.  When you are up to it call or e-mail me.

I also am still working on having a support group for Western Mass, hopefully sometime in March.

take care,

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W