Author Topic: This Week 2/7 “2010” in the AN World  (Read 2362 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 2/7 “2010” in the AN World
« on: February 07, 2010, 12:55:29 pm »
Last week 20acrewoods’ husband had surgery, and Brenda (teffaz) (thank you Jan :)) had surgery to repair tissue breakdown that left her titanium plate exposed.  We hope they are both doing well, and will be glad to read their updates.

Good news from DJ (Coach DJ), Joanne (Joanne7151), and Michelle (Michelle K).
DJ it is encouraging to see that after only two weeks post-op, you are back to work already.
Joanne we are sorry that you had a rough time with CSF complications, but were glad to read that things are improving.
And Michelle we were happy to read that you are now on the other side as well, and it seems that everything went okay.
It was great to read your updates.
Congratulations on becoming the newest Posties.

And congratulations to Jo (tenai98), it appears your BAHA Gotcha Day went very well.  Thank you for taking us along with you in the car, and sharing your experiences and excitement with your new Divino BAHA.  We are very happy for you.

It is amazing how different the AN journey is for each individual.  Continued good thoughts for everyone as you proceed down the road of recovery.  

Monday Char is having surgery, and Wednesday Marla is having retrosigmoid surgery.
I do not know any information about Char or Marla.

Thursday CF (CF) is having surgery, though I do not know which approach, and Brian (lifeofbrian) will be having GK treatment.
Also on Thursday Kathy (Kathy M) will meet with her oncologist to determine a treatment plan as she continues her battle with breast cancer.

Friday Adam (gte025u) is having retrosigmoid surgery, and Tod (Tod) is having both retrosigmoid and tranlab surgery approaches to evict Bob.

Our thoughts and prayers will be with all that are having surgeries and treatments this week, that they are uncomplicated, and that your recoveries are swift, and for Keri and her family as they try to get through rough times with their youngest daughter.

Happy Birthday Nikki as you turn 45 on Tuesday.

Today is Super Bowl Sunday.   Enjoy the Game,

Rich & Scarlett
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 01:05:43 pm by Rich56 »
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: This Week 2/7 “2010” in the AN World
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 02:30:28 pm »
Thanks, Rich !

Congratulations to all the post-op folks and may your healing continue apace.  Congrats, too, to Jo on finally receiving her BAHA unit.  My thoughts and prayers will be with all the surgery and radiation patients having procedures this week (Adam, Tod, Brian, Char & Marla).  Good luck to Kathy M. on her doctor consult.  Keri knows that we're thinking of her as she and her husband deal with their daughter's depression.  Finally, a rousing Happy Birthday to Nikki as she tums 45....still just a lass.  I trust that everyone will have a good week - or try to.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

tenai98

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 06:18:28 pm »
Just to let you all know the Divino is just a trial for two weeks...then I get to try an Intenso in Florida for the month...then I have to decide which one worked better for me...
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

opp2

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 08:58:40 pm »
Thanks Rich and Jim for the Birthday wishes. I still feel like a kid so I think I'm blessed! Rather than a birthday, it's an anniversary...the 16th anniversary of my 29th birthday!
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 03:30:07 pm »
Rich,

well done, m'dear! Thanks for keeping us all updated with the "activities" in our AN world for the week! :)

For all those that had recent treatments and getting over the hurdles of such... I send continued wellness wishes your way!

for those having treatments, this week..... good vibes, good vibes, good vibes!

for those having an extra speshal day.... just remember, you are only as old as you feel! :)

speedy recoveries to all those.... hippy burpdays to those celebrating.. and for those enduring such difficult times recently (ie: Kathy, keri and all).... MAJOR hugglez to you!

Phyl
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 03:39:53 pm by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"