Author Topic: facebook  (Read 8415 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: facebook
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2010, 07:28:53 am »
Phyl-
I wondered why I was getting all those weird invited from you!

you weren't the only one noting this to me..... the "hacker" flooded you all with invites... t'was not my fault... FB has done nothing to assist me with this (after numerous emails to them to fix it/delete my profile).  They noted for me to "change your password" and told me to contact this dept or that dept (when I followed their link for "report if your account has been hacked").  Go figure.....

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 09:21:20 am »
Phy, you ARE actually on FB!     Watched your video from YouTube posted there!   Great video by the way! 

(it was you, right??)    :)

Denise
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 12:08:24 am »
No longer on FB... my profile/acct was hacked... then rehacked.. then rehacked again. I gave up. If you all talk about me out there, pls be kind. I'm a tender soul.  ;D

Since you aren't on FB anymore, I wanted you to know that the "I bet the redsox will get 100,000 fans before the yankees do" group kicked the yankees bootey!

For everyone else...Looking for me on facebook?  http://www.facebook.com/EJTampa  Send me a friend request and put in the message, "AN friend".

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 07:04:50 am »
No longer on FB... my profile/acct was hacked... then rehacked.. then rehacked again. I gave up. If you all talk about me out there, pls be kind. I'm a tender soul.  ;D

Since you aren't on FB anymore, I wanted you to know that the "I bet the redsox will get 100,000 fans before the yankees do" group kicked the yankees bootey!

Was on the "Redsox" fanpage on FB before I got hacked, so I should be counted in those numbers... somewhere... since FB will not "delete" my acct....  :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 07:32:18 am »
FB has become a hacker heaven ...  I'm on there a lot but I never click on any user posted links... especially the "tiny" links where you can't tell where you end up ... they are ALL bad !
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 07:43:55 am »
Hi Joef:  Hope all is well by you.  I just joined fb 2 weeks ago & am still learning the lingo (with computers too).  Anyway,  what do you mean by 'user posted links', etc:  I didn't understand what you just wrote !  Thanks,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 08:05:01 am »
you can look at http://tiny.cc/example.php for help on tink links.

It short .. if you see a post like:

You got to check out this video!  http://tiny.cc/NoRy6

dont click on it!!  Even if its your best friend....  your account will be hacked or worse ... this is a way to hide where links really go by using this tiny links... so your best to NEVER NEVER EVER click on these....
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 08:09:52 am by Joef »
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 08:53:09 am »
FB has become a hacker heaven ...  I'm on there a lot but I never click on any user posted links... especially the "tiny" links where you can't tell where you end up ... they are ALL bad !

hmmmmm... haven't clicked on links as they scare the heck out of me... and usually iggy (ignore) invites and such on FB.  Not sure what happened but... they got me... and I'm not given in to them.... I'll just take my harrassing ways elsewhere!  :o ::) ;D :)

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 09:02:04 am »
Thanks for the fb education Joe ! !  Always good thoughts,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2010, 01:51:30 pm »
I'm not 'on' Facebook because (a) I don't have time for it and, (b) I don't think I have much to share that anyone would be interested in.  Also, I like my privacy and the hacking problem is a hassle I don't need.  However, the family is represented by my wife, Tina and my adult son, Chris who both have Facebook accounts.  Tina is 'on' the Facebook site daily, Chris, less often, but both tell me they have quite a few 'friends'.  I have quite a few friends right here and prefer to leave it at that.  Now that I know about the Facebook hacking issue (thanks, Joe) I'll warn my wife and son but I'll continue to resolutely resist what seems to be the inexplicable lure of the Facebook website. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Kaybo

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2010, 06:55:38 pm »
Thanks, Joe for the info - I will keep my eyes out for "tiny" stuff!!! 

Nancy - Let's find each other on there!!   ;)

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2010, 11:52:12 am »
I'm with you, Jim.

No FB for me - or my kids; the parental controls in my house block them from it.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways