Author Topic: House anyone????  (Read 2007 times)

tenai98

House anyone????
« on: February 23, 2010, 10:05:16 am »
This cracks me up everytime I think about it...Ok we all know what we mean when we mention 'House'...HEI..house ear institute..
Well when I mentioned to my hubby that I was thinking of going to house, he thought I meant House of the TV program house and asked why I wanted to see someone like him....I had to explain
Then the same thing happened when I told my mother....
But what really cracks me up is when I had my consultation with my radiologist and mentioned house, well the look on his face was priceless...he didnt say anything, but I could just imagine what he was thinking...then I explained to him...
Remember I'm from Canada and HEI is in the USA..
Now has this happened to anyone else?? mention House and they automatically think of Hugh Laurie on House?
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

JerseyGirl2

Re: House anyone????
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 10:51:40 am »
Now has this happened to anyone else?? mention House and they automatically think of Hugh Laurie on House?

Oh, yes! I got a whole lot of mileage out of this one. And, not only did I go to House, but Dr. (John) House was my surgeon, so I was able to tell people that I had gone to Los Angeles to be operated on by Dr. House.

I actually told most people this after I was safely home. Prior to my surgery I hadn't said much about traveling to L.A. for my surgery because I was afraid people would think I had some kind of horrible condition that was untreatable closer to home.

Catherine (JerseyGirl 2)
Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 10:57:19 am »
What I find funny is that Hugh Laurie was one of the bumbling dog-nappers in "102 Dalmatians." Was he just taking a vacation from more serious roles?

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

sues1953

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 03:15:58 pm »
OMG....I laughed right outloud at that one.   Thanks for sharing, this forum get way too serious sometimes. ;D

Sue in Michigan
3.2 cm AN Right side diagnosed 12/4/09
Translab surgery May 2010 with Dr. Jack Kartush and Daniel Pieper at Michigan Ear Institute.
Successful surgery .5mm left on facial nerve.  Full facial movement. SSD, Tinnitis, tongue and lip numbness.  No headaches.  Back to living life.