Author Topic: Magic Scarf Does the Job Again  (Read 2587 times)

Kiwi Don

Magic Scarf Does the Job Again
« on: March 19, 2010, 12:46:16 pm »
Hi All,
Just a quick update on KIWI.
I popped in to see Jacqui yesterday, day three after surgery, and was supprised that she has been up and walking the day before, albeit with a little help at first.
She was in surgery for 9.5 hrs, but they have had to leave a small piece behind to preserve the facial nerve, but all in all it went well.
She is good spirits, and very happy that the AN has been removed and now she can start on the road to full recovery.
Obviously the Magic Scarf has once again worked it's "MAGIC"

From the other KIWI

Don
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 01:07:32 am by Kiwi Don »
24July09 Diagnoised with Left AN 2.0cm x 1.9cm
Translab Scheduled 7April10

"Received the Ticket, Boarded the Train, and now the Journey has begun??"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Magic Scarf Does the Job Again
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 01:00:09 pm »
Don ~

Thanks so much for the encouraging update on Jacqui.  She seems to experiencing a very normal recovery (much like mine) and that portends well for her long term outlook.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

sues1953

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 01:59:30 pm »
Thanks for the update.  What a relief to have this at your backs.  :)  Please let her know we are cheering her on.

Sue in Michigan
3.2 cm AN Right side diagnosed 12/4/09
Translab surgery May 2010 with Dr. Jack Kartush and Daniel Pieper at Michigan Ear Institute.
Successful surgery .5mm left on facial nerve.  Full facial movement. SSD, Tinnitis, tongue and lip numbness.  No headaches.  Back to living life.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 12:39:37 am »
Don -

thanks for the update on Jacqui. 

We love to know how our family members are doing post op.

Please give her our best wishes,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Lynn Mc

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 07:08:24 am »
Don,

Just found this thread, a little late.  Thanks for the update on Jacqui.  Sounds like she is doing OK.  The Magic Scarf worked it's magic again!!!  Isn't your surgery coming up soon?

Thanks Again,

Lynn
Translab 01/22/10.  12 x 11.7 x 8.2 mm.
Dr's McKenna/McCall at Mass Eye & Ear,
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA implant 04/08/11 Dr. Merchant
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"

Kiwi Don

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 02:23:07 pm »
Hi Lynn,

Yeap, 14 days now and counting, just hoping the industrial action in our hospitals at the moment does not cause a delay
Like most I just want to get the waiting part over, get the job done, and get on the road to the new normal.

Don
24July09 Diagnoised with Left AN 2.0cm x 1.9cm
Translab Scheduled 7April10

"Received the Ticket, Boarded the Train, and now the Journey has begun??"

kiwi

• Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 08:41:07 pm »
Thankyou Don for posting my update, I was released on Sunday and made the 5 hour journey to my mums without a hitch.  Each day I am feeling better and I am grateful to everyone here has supported me through my AN Journey.  I have some facial weakness still 3/6 on the HB scale hopefully that will improve soon.  My balance is a lot better than before surgery which is a relief.  Swallowing is still a little difficult so I am still on a soft food diet at the moment.  All said and done I cannot be happier with the outcome of my surgery and I cannot tell you had glad I am to be on this side now.

Thankyou so much Lynn for your card you sent to me I received it yesterday and it put a smile on my face.  Are you able to message me your address I would love send you some pics of my horse in all her naughty glory!

thankyou all
Jacqui

PS If anyone would like the Magic Scarf for their surgery can you please let me know as it truly is Magic
3.6cm AN Left side diagnosed Dec 09.
Translab surgery 16th March 2010
Left SSD, Facial Paralysis
CSF Leak surgery 11th May 2010

Lynn Mc

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 06:46:50 am »
Jacqui,

It is really nice seeing your post.  Glad things are looking up for you.  Remember to take care of yourself and get plenty of rest!!  Balance is better already!!!  Wow that has to feel great for you!!!Hopefully your facial weakness & swallowing will resolve itself with time. 

Happy Trails,
Lynn
Translab 01/22/10.  12 x 11.7 x 8.2 mm.
Dr's McKenna/McCall at Mass Eye & Ear,
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA implant 04/08/11 Dr. Merchant
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"