Author Topic: bulging eye/vision change  (Read 3590 times)

ombrerose4

bulging eye/vision change
« on: March 20, 2010, 07:16:02 pm »
About 6 weeks ago my vision became blurry in my left eye. So I had an eye exam and had a change in vision and in my astigmatism. Got new glasses and was seeing great till about three days ago when my vision started to get blurry again in my left ( AN side). then I was looking in the mirror and saw that my left eye looked gigger and ?bulging compared to my right eye. So of course I looked online and found out too many things and had a terrible sleep. I just saw my neighbor who is a DR. and told him what was going on and he looked and said there was definitely a difference between the eyes. He said I shouldn't wait and to call ny doctor. So here I am on a Sat. night waiting for a phonecall from my neurosurgeon, feeling alittle silly, but also a bit concerned. Anyone else ever have this kind of thing happen?
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

lori67

Re: bulging eye/vision change
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 07:20:51 pm »
Well, I've never had it happen, but I wouldn't feel silly if I were you!  Especially since a Dr. suggested you look into it right away.  I know I'd be concerned if it were my eye!

Hopefully it's nothing to worry about and there's a simple explanation!

Hope you get your call back soon.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

sgerrard

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 08:21:06 pm »
I would also try to get in contact with your eye doctor, or any ophthalmologist. A bulging eye could be something serious. I might even consider an emergency room. It may not have anything to do with the AN.

Hope you get help soon!

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 02:02:39 pm »
Lauren ~

Your original post is now 24 hours old.  I'm concerned about this bulging eye business and the fact that your neighbor - a doctor - advised you to see a physician immediately.  I hope you did, even if it was via the local hospital Emergency Room.  We care, so please let us know what happened. Thanks.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 07:26:56 am »
what was the outcome please let us knowx
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

ombrerose4

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 09:36:58 am »
so called my neurosurgeon saturday and L/M.  He was out of town so the dr. on call called me back. Asked a bunch of questions and told me he was going to email my neurosurgeon, but that if anything got worse I shoud go right to the ER. Sunday morning my neurotologist called me- my neurosurgeon had asked him to call an d see what was going on. After asking me some questions,this was his plan- Go to eye doctor Monday morning while he gets approval of an MRI of my head and eye orbits. So saw eye doc little while ago. My optic nerve looks fine. He does see a difference between the two eyes. His feeling is that it may be a thyroid something. So he referred me to a thyroid doc, but I am waiting for my neurotologist who is in surgery right now. I am hoping to get the scan done either this afternoon, tonight or tomorrow morning. Nothing has gotten worse, so although I am concerned I don't think going to the hospital right now would change anything. I really appreciate everyone's concern and will keep you posted.
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 03:18:47 pm »
Lauren ~

I'll add my thanks to that of Donnalynn's and hope that the source of this symptom can be traced and corrected without a lot of hassle for you. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ombrerose4

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 06:50:02 pm »
Had my MRI today, so here's hoping for good news tomorrow, especially since it's my birthday! One more anxious night to get through. :(
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 01:16:26 pm »
happy birthday, keep us postedx ;D

ombrerose4

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 08:32:25 pm »
I didn't hear anything from my doctors today, I left messages for both of them. So of course my paranoid mind is telling me something is up and they didn't want to tell me on my birthday. So another anxious night and tomorrow some answers. :-\
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

ombrerose4

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 08:32:44 pm »
Spoke to my doctor and he said the MRI looks good, but that he wants a neuro-opthalmologist to see the orbit scans because he is not an expert at that. So I have an appointment in a week and hopefully we will get to the bottom of this. I'm just concerned about my vision changes more than anything. I hate not knowing or understanding what is going on. :(
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 04:56:09 am »
hi, how did you get on with your scans