Author Topic: This Week 5/09/10 in the AN World  (Read 2413 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 5/09/10 in the AN World
« on: May 09, 2010, 07:25:15 am »
Vivian (Vivian B) we’re sorry that your MRI results showed that there has been enough growth that your watch and wait time is over, and we hope that your June 30th Gamma Knife treatment is a complete success.

Congratulations Sue (vogstar5) on your new BAHA.  We’re glad everything went as planned.

This week:

Sunday, today is MOTHER’S DAY

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY

Tuesday Jacqui (kiwi) is again having surgery to stop a CSF leak that started just 2 weeks after her 3/16/10 translab surgery.  Jacqui you’ve had a pretty tough time.  We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers, that your surgery is a complete success.

Wednesday is a busy day:
Nikki (opp2) and Jan (leapyrtwins) are going for their MRIs.  We hope you both have great results to tell us about in the days to come.
Jennifer (JennyMac) has a busy day with MRI and CT scans combined with having the mask made for her Cyber Knife treatment.  We hope you are able to have a good day, and don’t get too riled up.  Keep us posted when your treatments will be starting.
Captain Deb (Captain Deb), a “treasured” Hero Member, will be celebrating her 59th birthday.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Thursday Maureen (moe), another cherished Hero Member, is having a gracilis free flap surgery.  Maureen, you will be in our thoughts and prayers that after 4 years of surgeries and procedures this surgery gives you back the animation and full smile that they say it will.

Also on Thursday, Scarlett (SML) has an appointment with Dr. Barker, her first annual follow-up and to find out the results of her 5/1/10 MRI.  I love you dear, and I hope he has great news for you :-* :-*

As we always do, we hope that those in the recovery part of their journey get better every day.

Enjoy your week,

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

wendysig

Re: This Week 5/09/10 in the AN World
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 11:47:54 am »
Vivian - I'm sorry that your MRI showed that there has been enough growth that treatment has become necessary and hope that your June 30th Gamma Knife treatment is a complete success.

Congratulations Sue on your new BAHA!

Jacqui - Good luck with your surgery for your CSF leak.  I hope it is a complete success.  Wishing you easier days in the near future.

Nikki and Jan- Here's hoping the at your trips into the Tube of Gloom are uneventful and your reports are only good news.

Jennifer - Good luck with your  MRI and CT scans and with having the mask made for your CK treatment.  I hope your day is not too stressful.

Captain Deb HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Maureen - Good luck on Thursday.  I hope your surgery finally brings the results you're hoping for.

Scarlett - Good luck tomorrow with your visit int the Tube of Gloom.  I hope your doc has only good news to report on Thursday!

Best wishes to all,
Wendy

1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

moe

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 09:35:26 am »
Thanks, Rich!
I'm also hoping that this is the final major surgery needed for my stubborn face! I'm very optimistic.

Great update. It has been a year already Scarlett? Hope you are feeling ok and your headaches (?) are under control.

Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

SML

• If wishes were like horses, we would ride.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 04:01:51 pm »
Hi Maureen,

I find it hard to believe it’s been a year too! My headaches are still a problem, but I have a wonderful doctor working on getting them under control as well as a physical therapist who has been working on relieving some of the pain I’ve had in my trapezius muscle since the surgery. As soon as I see Dr. Barker and get the results of my MRI, I will post a more detailed explanation of my treatment.

I thank you for your well wishes and I too wish you well this Thursday. You will be in our thoughts and we will be praying for a successful surgery and that this is indeed the last one you have to go through.

Jacqui, I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow as well and praying for a successful surgery.

Good luck to everyone with their MRI and CT scans.

Happy Birthday Mon Capitaine!

Best wishes to all,
Scarlett
SML(Scarlett)-Massachusetts
1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston,MA.
Dr. Barker - Neurosurgeon, MGH - Dr. Lee - Neuro-Otology, MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
Outstanding Surgeons, I'm very happy with the results.

Lizard

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 11:51:04 am »
Happy Birthday Captain Deb!!!!

Hope everyone has a great week and surgeries go well and MRI's come back with no growth!

Take care Y'all and happy mother's day!
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 11:44:08 am »
Hey everyone!

I just got off the phone with Phearless Phyll, who sang me "Happy Birthday" twice in two silly voices.  How great a friend she is. I am having a pretty puny birthday--last week 15 Botox injections in the head and neck, which left my neck pretty sore, and yesterday, I had 2 floroscope guided "fancy cortisone" injections into my sacroilliac joints--ZOWIE--was that painful!!  Hurt like the d***ens for the three hour car ride home and the rest of the day.  Today I am able to sit a little in the beautiful Ikea recliner that my dear sweet Dr Love got me for my birthday.  Like sitting of a big puffy cloud!

Thanks for all your birthay wishes for the last year of my fifth decade--my how time flies! Seems like only yesterday that I was at the helm of a sailboat in the Caribbean in my bikini--well part of my bikini, anyways.

Good luck to everyone undergoing surgery, visits to the Tube O' Gloom, and to anyone with a headache today, I'm saying and extra special little prayer for you.

You guys are the best bunch of people in the WORLD!!!!!!!

Hugs,

Captain Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW