Author Topic: Quick update - nearly 1 month post CK  (Read 1687 times)

crivers

Quick update - nearly 1 month post CK
« on: May 04, 2010, 04:01:56 pm »
Just thought I'd provide a quick update on progress...

Overall health - great
Started lifting weights again, been to the ocean twice in the last 2 weeks for some boogie boarding, and did some balance exercises on the wii.
I never had balance issues, but I thought I'd see how I'd do - turns out just fine - I think it is an interesting concept, the balance board - and fun to play with my son.

Does it hurt?
Headaches have subsided some - but not completely. I was on Tylenol regimen 3x per day for the headaches. This week, I am only doing the afternoon dose if at all. I wouldn't say they have gone, but either I'm getting used to them or they are not as bad most of the time (still have the monster once in a while - surprising feels a lot like someone shot radiation into my brain a few weeks ago...go figure  :D).
I am still more tired than normal. I have only seen 10PM a few times since treatment. I could easily take a nap everyday, and some days I do.

Working...
Working is the toughest part - it seems to be fine during the morning, but as the day wears on, usually around 2 or 3 PM, I seem to get less productive. My concentration wanes, I forget simple things and I get very spacey (like losing a train of thought in the middle of a conversation). This is very frustrating for me, as I am used to juggling 100 balls and staying on top of it all. I have definitely slipped in that area, and seem to do better when focusing on a single activity (and in the morning).
It is difficult mentally - the frustration and feeling of letting others down - it is impacting me, although I am trying my best to fight those negative feelings.

Continued improvement?
I continue to work on having a healthy body - eating, exercising and herbal supplements
I continue to work on having a healthy mind - stress reduction, relaxation, and focus on positive vibes - I'm convinced that if I can get the mind in the right place, everything else will follow.

That is it for now, staying positive and feeling better...
Cayce
Rt side AN - discovered
Jul 09: 6mmx4mmx4mm
Feb 10: 8mmx5mmx5mm

CyberKnife - Stanford - Dr. Chang and Soltys
April 5 - 9th, 2010

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Quick update - nearly 1 month post CK
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 04:16:43 pm »
Cayce ~

Thanks for the update.  Although you have one or two struggles (fatigue, concentrating when tired) overall, you seem to be doing quite well, so, congratulations! :)

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.