Author Topic: i have set a date for surgery  (Read 1677 times)

laurenfor29

i have set a date for surgery
« on: May 14, 2010, 07:39:13 am »
hello. so staight from a newbie to now going for surgery. i will  have surgery on june 28th at the university of iowa  by dr. hansen. still freeked. but now i will just try to stay focused and get as much done before as i can.  i want to thank everyone on here for all the support, info, and prayers.. i swear you folks are angels. i will try and post soon but i am sure i will be busy having as much fun as posible with my kids and husband.. and friends,, and i suppose work really hard to get as many things paid before i go in.. i really am so lucky.. thanks to all

sues1953

Re: i have set a date for surgery
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 07:41:53 am »
What a great attitude!  Try to keep it up and you will be fine.  Best wishes to you for your upcomming surgery! 

Sue
3.2 cm AN Right side diagnosed 12/4/09
Translab surgery May 2010 with Dr. Jack Kartush and Daniel Pieper at Michigan Ear Institute.
Successful surgery .5mm left on facial nerve.  Full facial movement. SSD, Tinnitis, tongue and lip numbness.  No headaches.  Back to living life.

Lizard

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 10:54:20 am »
You do have a great attitude, enjoy your time before surgery and take in the feeling of finally having a date.  That is the point where I found I could finally take a deep breath and relax.  The anxiety of the whole decision process is over, now you are just along for the ride  :)

You'll be in my thoughts, and make sure to add the date to the calendar!
Take care,
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Kaybo

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 02:42:16 pm »
Lauren~
I was wondering how things were going for you!  Do you feel any better now that the decision is made and the date set?  Sounds like that will be a good time for you - after your friend comes?  Let me know if you need to talk...

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

knakag01

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 04:33:35 pm »
Lauren,
Sometimes it seems the treament decision making process is the hardest part...so happy for you that you figured out what is best for you!! Keep up the positive energy!! I'll be praying for you as the 28th draws near.

Kim
Kim
1.9cm x 1.2cm AN Right side
Diagnosed 11/09
Translab with Dr. Jackler @ Stanford on 5/20/10
Facial Paralysis (temp) & SSD Right side, some balance issues but not as bad as I thought :)

Cheryl R

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 05:10:14 pm »
Lauren,  Hansen did my CSF leak surgery and seemed nice.       I know he is not mentioned  a great deal but has AN experience and did his fellowship at House.           The waiting time is hard but will be here sooner than you think. 
   I will be writing you and always ask questions to any of us.             Cheryl R     
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 05:54:46 pm »
Good luck, Lauren.

Making your treatment decision - if you have a choice - is often the hardest part of the AN Journey.

After I decided on surgery I had a strange sense of calm - even the morning of the surgery. 

I'm confident things will go well for you.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 08:32:49 am »
Wow!  A little TMI  :-[
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

cin605

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 01:25:18 pm »
I think he needs to get a hobby.. SOON!Don't worry once you start taking the steroids after surgery...i have a feeling he will ease up! ;D
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old