Author Topic: Almost 3 years Post-Cyberknife!  (Read 2023 times)

fbarbera

Almost 3 years Post-Cyberknife!
« on: June 28, 2010, 09:16:56 pm »
Hello Gang!!

It's been a long while since I've posted here, and the reason for that is great - I am feeling really well!

I just posted a new update on http://www.myacoustic.org - here's the latest almost 3 years after treatment:  hearing is totally unchanged since treatment, no more balance issues or other symptoms, no facial issues.  I'm running, hiking, trail running, yoga, etc. on a regular basis and just overall feel super healthy.

I feel blessed and grateful.  For all you newbies out there still struggling with figuring out your treatment approach, or dealing with immediate post-treatment symptoms, just know this:  things will improve!  They really will!

Lots of love,
Francesco

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Almost 3 years Post-Cyberknife!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 10:03:10 pm »
Francesco -

good to see you again!

Congrats on the ANniversary. 

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 04:01:18 pm »
Francesco ~

Congratulations on your splendid recovery - and thanks for posting again!  Your message about your positive AN experience is most welcome because many folks with good post-treatment outcomes simply abandon the ANA discussion forums as they resume their normal life.  I understand that desire to leave AN-related things behind once you're recovered, but it is always great to see someone like you take the time to let those just beginning their AN experience know that it isn't all doom-and-gloom.  Your positive message is both true and greatly appreciated.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

cindyj

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 08:34:21 am »
Great to hear that you're doing so very well!  Thanks for coming back to share with all!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings