Author Topic: Headaches...Eye Pain  (Read 3314 times)

inmaine724

Headaches...Eye Pain
« on: July 03, 2010, 05:35:13 pm »
Does anyone have headaches, or pain behind their eyes from this?  These symptoms have been with me for a while now, with all kinds of tests to determine what is wrong to no avail.  Now that we know about the AN, could that be what causes it?  Not sure of the range of symptoms.

Appt at Mass Eye and Ear on July 22nd at noon.  Dr. Nadol is who they put me with.  Anyone know anything about him??  I will update when I see him!

Thanks everyone, again...

...Danielle
Happiness grows in direct proportion to your acceptance, and in inverse proportion to your expectations.--Michael J Fox

cin605

Re: Headaches...Eye Pain
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 08:16:21 pm »
Hi Danielle,
Yes an AN can cause both of those as it may be pressing on several nerves...Google cranial nerves and you can get a better picture of how all the nerves run.
I do not have any info on your DR. but i am sure some one here will chime in.
Cindy
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

Shaoi

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 09:22:39 am »
Hi. I get migraine-like headaches and tenderness over the eye sockets; however, it is likely due to my chronic sinusitis. When I feel the headache coming, I take Excedrin and it helps.

inmaine724

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 01:36:29 pm »
I've had MRI's of my eyes/sinus, tons of blood work, MRA, MRV...Every test under the sun really.  That's why I'm curious if this is what is causing it.  Seems like it would be a suspect anyway!!
Happiness grows in direct proportion to your acceptance, and in inverse proportion to your expectations.--Michael J Fox

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 02:15:44 pm »
Headaches are not uncommon side effects of an AN, even pre-surgery.  And I know I used to get awful shooting pains behind my ear on the AN side.  I'd imagine it's possible to get eye pain because of the AN, depending on exactly where it is and how it sits against all the nerves in that tiny space.  I will say that those shooting pains stopped completely after my surgery - guess the tumor was hitting a nerve in just the wrong way!

I'm not familiar with Dr. Nadol at MEEI, but I'd love to hear your opinion after your appt!  Good luck.

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Lizard

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 10:42:50 am »
Hi,
I had headaches "sinus" like that really bothered me pre-op and I was diagnosed with the AN after an MRI was requested due to the headaches I was having.  I also have headaches post-op that feel like a sinus headache, but are not bilateral....only hurts on the AN side, and is most likely due to nerve damage.  Thankfully there are treatments out there that help and I only have minor pain currently...

Everyone with an AN is different, but I hope once you see the Dr they can give you a better idea of what is causing your pain.
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt