Author Topic: Tinnitus  (Read 2046 times)

Danny2006

Tinnitus
« on: May 23, 2006, 03:53:40 pm »
     The ringing is quite loud in AN ear, over the last 6mo it has gotten worse, much worse. Has anyone else out there experienced a rapid increase in tinnitus over a short time span, or could it be my imagination/// I think it is getting worse. Nothing we can do about it I guess. It is so loud that I can hear it plainly over my conversations. I haven’t heard any stories of it getting better after surgery.... (10 days away, by the way)... I have heard that it usually gets worse. Has anyone gotten better after surgery?
     I wish I had more time to post and read post on this site, it has helped me a lot to read others people’s stories and know that I am not alone in this ordeal. Maybe after surgery, while I am home recovering I will have more time. Let’s just hope I can still do OK with computers after.

Thanks Danny
10mmx8mm AN (facial nerve neuroma) found Feb. 06
Surgery at House Clinic on 02June06,

Battyp

Re: Tinnitus
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 05:00:46 pm »
Danny mine got worse it started out I noticed at night by the time they diagnosed me it was a symphony of crickets.  It still amazes me know one else can hear it!

Did you read how well karla did at house?  I even got an email from Dr. Brackman in regards to asking where to send her a package. 

Did they give you a prednisone taper?  I had one..can't say it did any good but it's the one of the treatments for tinnitus.  I wish I could eliminate it from our ears!  We have enough to deal with without dealing with a constant noise!

Danny2006

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 06:37:14 pm »
Hi.  battyprincess

LOL, I have wondered if someone else could hear my tinnitus also, I had a doc listen to see if they could hear it.
What is a prednisone taper? Never heard of it. Do you have tinnitus in both or just AN ear? I have it in both, but less in non-AN ear.
10mmx8mm AN (facial nerve neuroma) found Feb. 06
Surgery at House Clinic on 02June06,

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 09:16:09 pm »
I started out with it in mainly my left..it's acutally louder and more dominant than the right.
They put me on a prednisone taper and from what I've read and understand it's the standard course of treatment when tinnitus presents.  It's basically a steriod drug pack which does the taper for you by visually showing you the doses per each day. 

Since surgery I have tinnitus in both ears with the left ear still being predominant..most of the time I only notice the right ear when the house is quiet.

It's so draining!

SKT

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 09:18:11 am »
Danny

Yes, it is quite normal for your tinnitus to accelerate and get much louder when you're anxious!  Being so close to surgery, you're obviously nervous.
Have faith - your tinnitus may very well improve or disappear after surgery- it will not necessarily get worse. It can go either way - let's pray that it goes with the other. Don't think about it, whichever way it ends up, I promise you will be able to deal with it.

Sofia

luv2teachsped

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 07:11:19 pm »
Danny:  I was one of the lucky ones. My tinnitus actually got better after my surgery!  There is hope!!  I am one past my Translab surgery, and things are still improving!  Keep positive! luv2teachsped
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07