Author Topic: 1 month Post-Op, Thank You ANAUSA.Org  (Read 1912 times)

Funnydream

• Texas in my room crying. Guys can't cry. DARN IT.
1 month Post-Op, Thank You ANAUSA.Org
« on: October 27, 2010, 03:23:12 pm »
I'm officially today 1 month Post-Op. But did have a CSF fix 3 weeks ago. So not sure which date to go by?

READING BACK POST of others that are Post-Op. And the answers you VETS gave about 2 steps forward 1 step back. And about the double vision. And everything else you VETS listed. WAS A HUGE HELP AND A MAJOR SYCHOLOGICAL RELEIF.

THANK YOU.

Just now starting to feel some small pain in my Retrosigmoid/Sub-occipital incision. Nothing major at all.

Balance is biggest issue. But I am by no means handicap. Been doing the rehab therapy I seen in youtube vids and listed in post by vets. Gives me a headache so I'm not pushing like I would like too.

Mind is not totally clear. But I am happy at this point with my mind.

I'm SSD but finding that to only be a issue in crowds and directional. Which with the directional I can turn my head like a receiver to find sound source if I just have to know. SNSD (Girls Generation, 9 member girl band) my favorite Kpop (Korean music pop) just came out with a new song (Hoot is the name) the other day with the James Bond theme. They are #1 TOP of charts on Japans main chart. That is a huge change in the world over there for a Kpop band to be #1 on a Jpop chart. And I already have that song stuck in my head even being SSD. I do have a fear of going totally death when I get old.

I thought my #1 was cleared up. But not 100%. Which bugs me. My #2 is completely cleared up from what I can tell.

Still some very slight double vision. But clears up by the minute.

I did get off all meds very early. But that's just a personality thing. All my life I don't like alcohol either cuz it taste like crap. So I got like 20 Valium and a ton of Hydroco and Promethazine which will end up in the land fill I guess.

This is a very very rare thing and a large human population means lots of research and resources go into this terrible thing. Also with the rise of the internet. The support group is large. As more get online and more humans come out of poverty and have surplus resources. Things will even get better in the future for the single human dealing with something like this. And I used to think a big population was a bad thing. Not anymore.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 03:24:59 pm by Funnydream »
Age 42, AN left, 2.8cm
left hearing gone, balance getting better.
16 hour Surgery 9-27-10 CSF leak fix 10-4-10 3 hours
Miracle I feel my left face and tongue again.
If we evolved from monkeys into humans? When do we stop being human and become something else? What would that something else be?

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: 1 month Post-Op, Thank You ANAUSA.Org
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 03:34:23 pm »
FD ~

I'm pleased to learn of your relatively rapid recovery - and that the ANA website discussion forums were helpful to you in sundry ways.  I hope your recovery will continue on the fast track (don't push yourself too hard to avoid a setback) and thanks for the kind words for the ANA.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
Re: 1 month Post-Op, Thank You ANAUSA.Org
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 06:07:28 pm »
Welcome to the Postie side of our little world! As Jim said, don't push yourself too much...you've had brain surgery after all! Take care and keep up the spirits!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston