Author Topic: regrowth  (Read 2283 times)

mrmel

regrowth
« on: July 25, 2011, 11:02:28 am »
Hi everyone
 I need help, I have not felt good for 6 months and no one will listen. I started having neck pain in february and now the pain is right near the post surgical sight and radiates into my skull. there is a weird sensation near the sight too,like pressure or something touching my brain. I am tired want to sleep all the time.my legs are weak and my memory is horrible. I fear my life is danger. my doctors will not listen to me. My primary care doctor said i had arthritis and it was confirmed with a ct. no gadolinium was used. I would have preferred an mri. My balance is way off, I cannot concentrate, and i feel terrible. it just feels like something is wrong. I had an mri a year and half ago when i started having some balance trouble, they said that one was ok. I am just not sure what is happening.any thoughts?
                Mel

vicki1967

Re: regrowth
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 03:47:45 pm »
I'm sorry to hear about all that you are going through. If I were you, I would gather as much of your past medical information that you can and take it with you to get a second opinion. The reason I say you should get your medical records is so the new doctor has as much medical information that he needs to review your case before he considers retesting. I, myself, prefer MRI's over CT scans (I believe CT scans contain some radiation whereas MRI's don't contain any radiation). Find an excellent doctor at a reputable hospital - do your research online or join a support group to get some recommendations. Keep us informed & I wish you the best of luck!

mrmel

Re: regrowth
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 01:13:42 pm »
Thank you vickie!!!!
    Mel