Author Topic: Telephone  (Read 2050 times)

glory

Telephone
« on: June 15, 2006, 08:01:00 pm »
Can anyone recommend a good cordless telephone for the hearing impared? ???

Raydean

Re: Telephone
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 08:43:37 pm »
Hi Glory,

We've gotten pretty bad.  Our home phone is basically used as my dial up line for the computer. haven't heard that phone ring in ages.  <g>.  But in answer to your question i went to www.google.com and typed in "cordless phone for hearing impaired"  which brought up quite a selection and alot of links.  You might want to start your search there.  On the lower end of the price range i found the following phone listed at Circuit City.  I haven't had any problems with their stuff and if you mention the online price is cheaper then the store price they will honor the online price. 

Hope this helps
Raydean

Uniden Cordless Phone for Visually or Hearing Impaired    Order anytime @ 1-800-843-2489 
  Home  >  Home, Office & Phones  >  Phones  >  Cordless Phones  >  Product Information for UND B-EZI996
  Email a friend      Print 

Enlarge 

Uniden Ultra Compact 900MHz Cordless Telephone (B-EZI996)
UND   EZI996 
• 900MHz analog
• Large visual ringers
• Audio boost  • Call waiting caller ID
• One-touch emergency dial
• 30 caller-ID memory 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Price: $39.99

How to Get It
         Free shipping on orders $25 and up 
  Get it today: check in-store availability 
   What's in-store pickup   

Highlights    Customer reviews    How to get it    Specifications    Accessories    Click & Learn   

Customer ratings
Based on 29 ratings 

Sound quality    4.4

Range    4.2

Durability    4.3

Cost/Benefit    4.3

Overall    4.3
Read customer reviews
Rate this item

Customer reviews
Excellent phone for the elderly I purchased this phone for my elderly father and it is EXCELLENT! Clear and loud reciever. Extra loud and flashing ringer. RED CROSS button for for

Read entire review

Loud ringer is hard to miss! I bought this for my 84 year-old mother who is hard of hearing. The ringer is very loud and when the phone rings, the flashing lights grab your

Read entire review

Features
Uniden Ultra Compact 900MHz Cordless Telephone (B-EZI996) 

900 MHz analog system: Enjoy clear sounds, even far from the base, with this 900MHz analog phone. A visual ringer and audio boost help those with hearing loss. The large lit buttons make dialing easier.

Digital answering system: Record up to 13 minutes of messages on this tapeless digital system. You can also access your messages from the handset.

Call-waiting caller ID: This phone displays the name and number of the person who's calling, even if you're on the phone. You can store up to 30 numbers on the caller ID memory. The call waiting and caller ID features require phone company subscription.

Ten-number memory: Store your favorite numbers in the ten-number programmable speed-dial memory for quick and easy dialing.

Handy features: This phone also has trilingual voice prompts, ringer/earpiece volume control, last number redial, and a "find lost handset" key.

Protect it!
Circuit City Advantage Protection Plan for 2 years on Uniden EZI996
$11.98

Deals
Financing
Sales & rebates
Outlet
Weekly ad
Catalog

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

russ

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 11:08:43 pm »
 Hi
  Re Telephones, I think cell phones are the best. I can still use it with a 60% hearing loss.
  Harris Communications has a nice catalogue of accessories for the hearing impaired. You could Google them.
  Re Land based cordless teles with answering machine, I have a Uniden 2.4GHz but still prefer the cell phone. The Uniden comes with 2 hand sets and is about $50 at Walmart It has ringer volume and speaker volume controls, voice mail, answering machine, caller ID option, redial, transfer to other hand set.
  Best wishes here!!
  Russ

glory

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 09:43:24 pm »
Thank you both for your suggestions! :)