Author Topic: see the surgeon tomorrow  (Read 2026 times)

mandy branham

see the surgeon tomorrow
« on: November 29, 2010, 08:09:57 am »
Well it is finally here, 6 weeks later, i see the surgeon tomorrow, i am hoping we are scheduled for surgery quickly, we will see.
I have a question i am hoping can be answered.
last week i had an UTI, I never get them, I was able to get it taken care of quickly, but now I am having pain in my kidney, I have been urinating a lot more than normal, I am drinking plenty of water and herbal tea, I have never had problems in this area before, is it associated with the AN, I have no fever or anything.........................has any one had this happen?

thanks in advance  :)
diagnosed Oct.15Th  2010, right side An 2.5cm x 1.9cm, 80% hearing loss, waiting to see surgeon on Nov.30Th

"GOD WILL SEE ME THROUGH"

sunfish

Re: see the surgeon tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 08:58:28 am »
Good luck with your appointment tomorrow.  I'm sure the UTI and kidney pain aren't related to your AN.  But these things sure make a person wonder.  I had all kinds of weird, odds & ends health problems crop up last spring.  Sometimes I wonder if we don't just get a little run down with stress, fatigue, etc.

If your kidney pain doesn't go away pretty quickly, you'll have to get with the doctor, because your UTI may have made its way up to the kidney.  Take it from me, you don't want that, so stay on top of those issues.
Rt. side 14mm x 11mm near brain stem
Severe higher frequency hearing loss
I use a hearing aid (Dot 20 by Resound)
Balance issues improving!!!!
Cyberknife March17, 2010
Roper Hospital Cancer Center, Charleston, SC

Kaybo

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 09:03:45 am »
Make sure & ask the Dr that - I am sure he will say it is not related but you never know...the body seems to do weird things when there is something "extra" in there!!  ;)  Before I had surgery, I would get strep throat at the drop of a hat - knew the second (literally) it was coming on.  I taught 1st grade & the other teachers would send me a note if they sent a kid home with suspected strep so I would not go to their room - that's how easily I got it!  They even had to postpone my surgery because I got it the last day I went to school...Guess what??  I HAVEN'T HAD STREP SINCE MY AN SURGERY!!!!  My own girlies get it some and I care for & hold them but I haven't had it since!  Weird!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

JLR

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 05:56:26 am »
Hi Mandy,  I hope this post finds you feeling better.  I have had my share of UTI's and Im guessing this is not related to the AN. BUT stress does play a big part.  I have found that only a treatment plan of antibiotics can cure the UTI,  Liquids alone although very good..does not really make it go away and when it comes back...it comes back with a worst case..i.e. kidney pain- also and this is just my opinion - Herbal Tea is not the way to go.  Some herbs just cause problems..but thats my opinion. Cranberry juice is probably more therapeutic. My AN is of similiar size 2.3cm also pressing on the brainstem.  I went to several doctors for opinions.. I had CyberKnife 12/1. 12/2 and 12/3.  I was on a short course of steriods, which Im off now, and except for some very annoying tinnitus, I feel pretty good.  I do get a little fatigued but other than that I'm good..  (so far and hoping to remain so) .  So in conclusion.. please dont take one doctors advise on surgery before you see a couple more and be sure to bring the written report as well as the MRI disc with you.  Once you make the decision you will feel much more at ease.  You have a wonderful support system here and have a wonderful husband as well.  Have a great holiday season. Joan