Author Topic: Good Luck Sox on for Taylor on Wednesday  (Read 4334 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Good Luck Sox on for Taylor on Wednesday
« on: September 05, 2006, 07:37:29 pm »
Attention Wenches and Scallys
Taylor's eye surgery is Wednesday the 6th! Pirate sox at the ready! You know what to do!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: Good Luck Sox on for Taylor on Wednesday
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 05:29:59 am »
I'm wearin mine to my MRI in Taylor's honor!  And the earrings too.
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 06:17:03 am »
socks and necklace.... check!  All set for Taylor!!!!!!!!!  My tooties are warm and all pink! 

Hugs Taylor! :-*
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Obita

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 06:35:18 am »
ain't got no pirate socks but I am wearin my luck o the irish ones in honor of Taylor (till I go to work).
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 09:22:58 am »
I've got my sox and dangly on, too!!!!

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 10:01:02 am »
Said a prayer for Taylor and her Docs, sent some positive energy and huggs Taylors way,

Now I'm pulling on some pink socks,(with toes) no danglies but I gots this here pirate head strobe light that came outa the kids  Fruit Loops box. I'll be wearin' it round me neck and hold'n good thoughts all day.

Anyone have any idea how long she will have to be in the hospital??

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

TaylorsMom

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 10:25:07 am »
 Ã‚    Thank you all so much for your support, prayers and good wishes.  I don't post a lot,  but I am on reading everyones posts all the time.  You are all the best!!!!!!  

Ã‚    Just 2 years ago, Taylor,  her Dad and I had just come home from a week of scuba diving in Cozumel.  We are all certified, but beginners.  Captain Deb, I read the Good Morning thread and imagine we are jumping off the side of the good ship PBW and exploring the reefs like everything was as it used to be.

Ã‚    This has been so incredibly hard on all of us.  If I could trade places with Taylor, I would.  She has come so far, though.  She is driving again, (no dents), and is taking algebra and psychology at the local junior college.  She is so self concious of the way she looks and walks she doesn't see her friends much.  She says they don't understand.  I know you all understand, and you have been a great help.  She used to be the typical, slightly wild, likes to have fun, teen.  (I wonder where she got that from???)

Ã‚    It's about time to get ready to go to the hospital for her eye surgery today.  Compared to her last surgery, this will be a piece of cake.  She is still a little worried.  The other day, we were talking about it and she said, "But after the last surgery, when I woke up, everything was different."  That nearly broke my heart.

Ã‚   Thanks again to everyone for your support and for letting me vent.  I'll post later and let you know how it went.

Ã‚    XOXO,
 Ã‚   
 Ã‚    Kathy

PS --  Patti, it's outpatient.  She should be home tonight.  A far cry from the 5 weeks she was there for the tumor surgery.  I got to where I could spot the lost people and give directions.

pattibobatti

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 12:33:38 pm »
Dear TaylorsMom,

I understand how hard this must be on you. My daughter did not have the AN but I would have easily have taken this tumor instead of her.  God bless you and your family. 

I want to be like everyone else and keep the positive thoughts going. That is so important. Just know I also would like you to know that my heart aches for you as you watch all this happening to Taylor. 

She is going to be just fine and better off than before the surgery..  She sounds like a strong woman and that is good!!

I will be thinking of you and Taylor
Pattibobatti
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid
  paralysis, cornea transplant,avascular necrosis

'Are we having fun yet?'

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 04:30:18 pm »
*sneaks in with pink smelly pirate socks and dangly on, looks around, sees Kathy's post  :-*..... smiles... looks straight up at sky, puts in a good word, smiles again, sneaks back out*
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

chrissmom

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 06:34:22 pm »
 ::) Oh my gosh!  I haven't been on for a while and sure enough I missed Taylor's surgery !  I didn't even know.  I hope things went smooth for her.  I really feel for her and all the young people with AN.  Taylor honey, I think of you all the time and wish you the best.  Chris does too.  Interestingly enough, we were in Cozumel last november, just after the hurricanes changed the island and the reefs.  Just after that, Chris was diagnosed with AN  hmmmm.......

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 08:10:26 pm »
Looking for an update.  Taylor, How are you doing.

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Battyp

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 08:20:09 pm »
taylor was posting on the patient forum site the same day or the next after her surgery so I took that as a good sign.

Taylor and Chris's mom you guys are such strong Mom's!  I'm glad it was me vs. my son who had to go through this.  I can sure relate to Taylor not wanting to be around her friends that don't understand.  Heck my friends are a heck of a lot older and don't understand!  My son has often said the same about kids in his grade due to him losing his dad at a young age and the last year we've spent with my an stuff. 

Yeah for taylor and school.  I know it's a struggle but a worthwhile one!