Author Topic: Toasting 3 year MRI  (Read 7647 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Toasting 3 year MRI
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 08:21:58 pm »
YIPPIE!!!    ;D

Jan

Destine for a date with the tube of gloom sometime in April.
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

rupert

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 08:32:07 pm »

Congratulations Debbie,

I too hate the enclosure,  but my last MRI they had a new fixture on the machine.  A mirror.  Maybe some of you have seen these.  It is a mirror clipped
right on to the frame over your head.  It was the greatest thing because when you opened your eyes you could see out of the tube.   I could see people walking
around doing whatever. quite an expansive view.   It was just like looking out a window the whole time.  This greatly reduced the claustrophobia.  I don't know when they started using this,  but I didn't have it on my three previous MRI's.  Again , congratulations on your good news MRI.

Bryan

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 08:54:00 pm »
Way to go Debbi  ;D

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 08:06:55 am »
Yes, the mirror does help.   My last 4 MRI's have had that little mirror and it makes a difference.  Unfortunately, it doesn't help me much with the claustrophobia.   :(  I am just unreasonably terrified of being in any enclosed space - I can't even ride in the backseat of a car unless it has 4 doors.  And do you remember when the rescue of the Chilean miners was on the news?  I was riveted to it, like many people, but I wasn't able to watch the miners being strapped into that tiny capsule - I literaly started sweating and feeling like I couldn't breath.  I wonder if hypnosis would help me get over this crazy fear? 

I have to go for a breast MRI on Monday (that's another story for another day) and I am already freaked out about having to be in the TOT again.  Honestly, I feel like a total wimp.

Okay, so let's all get back to...

YIPPEE!!!
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

wcrimi

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 08:54:12 am »
Congratulations!   ;D

Wayne
1 cm, 6mm, 4mm on Left side. Surgery performed 11/6/2008 by Dr. Kalmon Post and Eric Smouha at Mt. Sinai Hospital in NYC.
Normal hearing before, 85%-90% now, dizziness when walking or turning head, annoying hissing and high pitched tinnitus on and off, eyes have trouble adjusting to rapid head move

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 05:43:50 pm »

Congrats on the good news!  We like the good stuff, so keep it up! ;D ;D ;D

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

SML

• If wishes were like horses, we would ride.
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2011, 08:35:49 am »
Congratulations Debbi!! That is great news!

My next visit to the tube of gloom will be April or May for my 2 year anniversary! I can handle being in it as long as I keep my eyes SHUT the entire time. Not looking forward to going, but looking forward to getting it over with and hearing excellent news like you did!!

Congratulations again!!

Scarlett
SML(Scarlett)-Massachusetts
1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston,MA.
Dr. Barker - Neurosurgeon, MGH - Dr. Lee - Neuro-Otology, MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
Outstanding Surgeons, I'm very happy with the results.

suboo73

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 08:51:13 am »
Congrats, Debbi!
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

Eturnit

• The joy of the LORD is my strength!
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2011, 09:47:41 am »
 :D So happy for you! 
My 2 year anniversary is coming up.  I have not seen My surgeon (Dr. John Tew) since my craniotomy in June of 2009.  I was thrilled to find out that he will be a keynote speaker at the upcoming ANA symposium in Cincinnati where I had my surgery.   I have not been able to see him because he is approx. 7 hour drive from where I live in Michigan.  So I am Super geeked to be able to go to the symposium and then follow-up with him on Monday the 20th of June (day after closing of symposium)!  My pcp will order the MRI to be done first week of June, and I will have results in hand when I see Dr. Tew. 
Are you planning to attend the symposium?
Nice to meet you on here.   ;D

Kim