Author Topic: Doctor's in Michigan  (Read 2963 times)

meh

Doctor's in Michigan
« on: May 25, 2006, 01:20:32 pm »
Can any one provide information about Dr. Laraure?
Does anyone know the success rate at Michigan Ear Institute?
My husband has just diagnoised with AN. We are consulting Dr. Laraure.
They are saying it will 4-5 weeks complete rest and no work. Does that take longer than that or 4-5 weeks are ok to off from work?
Should we go for a second opinion? Who is other best doctors in Michigan if any body knows.
Thanks.

msuscottie

• Postie x 3
    • mytooma - the acoustic neuroma blog
Re: Doctor's in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 02:52:02 pm »
All depends on that specific tumor.

I had two surgeries with Dr. Pieper & Dr. LaRouere and my family and I have been extremely happy with our treatment. Great Docs, very personable and treat you like a human being, not just another case.

Let me know if I can answer any questions for you

vivjet

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 09:11:02 pm »
HI-
I was diagnosed in March, Dr. LaRoure was the person who ordered my MRI and found the AN. I went for a 2nd opinion to U of M and also sent my films/test results to Dr. Brackmann at House Ear Clinic in LA, CA.  I decided to go to U of M for my surgery, I have no hearing loss at this time and just felt most comfortable with the Drs. there, the Neurosurgeon came to the OTO. clinic and met w/ me and the Dr. El-kashlan came to the meeting too.  They were just very detailed about the surgery and the approach.... My surgery is Aug. 16, 2006 there, have touched base w/ a couple of other people who've gone there and did well.
It is VERY hard to make the decision!
VIVJET
1cm AN, Right side

meh

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 08:50:45 pm »
Thank you Scott.

Which AN method was used for your both surgery?

Thanks Vivjet for your information as well. We also wish you good luck for your surgery in August and hoping for the best.

- Meh

msuscottie

• Postie x 3
    • mytooma - the acoustic neuroma blog
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 01:24:26 pm »
No problem, I'm here if you have any questions. I had translab both times.

Rena

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 06:46:31 am »
Hello!  It's been a while since I've been on this site and that is a good thing.  It means my life is back to normal!  I had my surgery in December with Dr. Kartush and Dr. Pieper.  Dr. Kartush of the Michigan Ear Institute is wonderful.  I can not say enough good things about him.  I knew the minute that I met him that he would be the one to do my surgery.  I ended up having the retro-sigmoid approach.  I did not have any damage to my facial nerve or my hearing nerve.  I was lucky...my tumor ended up being a meningioma instead of a neuroma.  It's easier to remove but the surgery is the same for both.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about Dr. Kartush or the Michigan Ear Institute.
Rena
1.2cm Rt Side Meningioma
Removed December 1, 2005
Dr. Kartush & Dr. Pieper