Author Topic: Update on ChristineH...she is doing great!  (Read 5717 times)

lauralynn

Re: Update on ChristineH...she is doing great!
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 04:04:32 pm »
Thanks Moe for your encouragement...I will ck out that book (sounds good!)  Thank you too Jim and yes I hope it won't be as difficult for me as it was for your wife to get disability approved.  I'm hoping they will be kind enough to give me a decision this week so I know where I stand.  It's amazing how these companies just set aside the fact that people have lives and families. 

As for ChristineH...I spoke to her yesterday.  ;D  It was so good to hear her voice.  She is doing alright and yes she is home now.  She is still dealing with headaches and having problems sleeping.  She was going to try using a foam pillow and see if that might help.  She of course is very tired but I encouraged her that it's going to take some time for her to feel she has regained some energy.  She asked if I had problems with my siatic nerve...I said what is that????  Well at least I made her laugh!  :P  She does have some tinnitus but the doctor's say she may regain some of her hearing back...I sure hope she does.  I told her to try to walk everyday as it will help her to get stronger and will help her balance too.  She will have a follow up visit with her doctor in the next week or so.  We will be meeting up that day for lunch.  :D  I will be talking with her in a few days so I will post any updates that she gives me.

God Bless,

Laura Lynn

4 cm left AN/diagnosed 1/23/09
Translab 4/14/09
Cyberknife 7/09
Gold weight implant 8/09
Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix
Dr. Syms and Dr. Porter
Balance issues, 100% hearingl loss (left ear), tinnitus, facial numbness/pain,
chronic fatigue, weakness, eye issues

God Bless everyone

rayden1

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 04:19:37 pm »
Hi Laura Lynn

Thanks for news.

Hope both of you feel better soon. Good luck with your beneifit. If you lived in Ireland you would have it in a flash. They are far too generous here. No wonder we are bust.

Take care

Ann x

cindyj

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 07:02:45 pm »
Hi, all...here's an email/PM I received from Christine yesterday - so glad she's doing well!  Cindy

Hi Cindy and everyone,
I had my surgery on April 7th, came home on April 13th and have been resting since. I feel pretty good. Had my first outing the day after coming home. Did well just a little tired. My husband took me to Walmart today. I did have a little headache today but attribute it to bending my head over instead of squatting. My head (AN side) feels like it has been packed with guaze packing. I think it's the swelling. I didn't realize that "deafness" is really not quiet. I find it quite loud. I'm hopeful that once the swelling goes down that I will have some hearing in the AN side. At this point, I am happy with my progress.

THANK YOU for the MAGIC SCARF. It has once again done it's job...I also have the journal. I haven't written in it yet butwill do so in the next couple of days. Please let know who would like it next. I most definitely want to get it out so it can do it's job.

Thank you to everyone who supported me this far. I look forward to helping anyone through this difficult time. A special thank you to Cindy and Laura Lynn, thank you Laura for coming to see me.

Christine
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings