Author Topic: Hypnotherapy for fatigue  (Read 3924 times)

LoriW

Hypnotherapy for fatigue
« on: December 22, 2006, 09:30:18 pm »
Has anyone ever tried Hypnotherapy for fatigue?   It's been almost 4 weeks since my visit with a Hypnotherapist and I can really see a difference.   She made me a tape and I listen to it faithfully when I go to bed.   I use to be so tired that I would sleep most of the day, on my days off from work.  I was OK at work, but exhausted when I got home.  I seem to have much more energy than ever.  It's been 2 years since my tumor was removed and this is the best I have ever felt.   If you haven't tried it, you have nothing to lose.   I am so much happier and so are my animals.  I spend more time with the horses and less time sleeping.  I even sleep better at nignt.  Any other experiences out there?   

Palace

• Palace
Re: Hypnotherapy for fatigue
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 03:19:42 am »
Hi

It sounds good.  I'm tired and can't sleep.  It is half past one in the morning, as I type this.  I'd like to be rested for the Christmas.  I have a busy days for three days in a row now.  Tomorrow, is X-mas eve.  I'm up on the computer and not asleep in bed.  Where do you get such a tape?

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

LoriW

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 04:54:50 am »
This lady's name is Bonnie DIller and she lives in Tonopah Arizona.   She is on vacation until after the first of the year.  When she gets back, I'll ask her if people can order tapes from her.   She has a relaxing voice.  I told her she should be doing Children's books on tape.   I'll have more information, when she gets back.  Thanks for the reply and I hope you get some rest soon.

Lori

matti

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 11:05:23 am »
Lori - This fatigue thing really frustrates me and I have tried meditation, diet, eliminating caffeine, etc...    I am looking forward to seeing if we can buy the tapes. Several years ago I was having some scary panic attacks and I was given tapes to listen to and for whatever reason it really helped.

Thanks Lori  ;D

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

tony

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 02:34:27 pm »
Note to all here - search out posts on "fatigue" and "post op fatigue"
the earlier threads talk it through etc - good luck
and
Best Regards
Tony

lmurray69

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 10:01:39 pm »
They have tapes at walmart stores they are for relaxing ,and calming you..its real soft voice talks then music plays really soft.. it nice,,not much money either...
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 04:34:59 am »
When you say tapes, DVD, CD..........probably CD's????

Pal
single sided deafness

Battyp

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 09:32:34 am »
I have some cd ones.  I haven't tried them for the relaxing as noise grates on my nerves  LOL  Wish the fatigue issue that seems to plague us all could be cured by something easy.  I go to be tired and wake up tired :o(  I've been told that its adult onset ADD and my mind is not shutting off.  Will be trying some meds soon.

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006, 09:45:48 am »
    :o ::)

Hi

I got to bed early and exhausted and get up exhausted; I know what you mean.  We are thinking of selling the house as soon as we don't have animals to care for.  (sad)  We have this place set-up (fenced) for dogs.  We have so much garden work, many huge trees, fruit trees, bushes, roses, other flowers and plants and more to take care of.  With this energy loss, I hope I can hold-out until we sell the place.  I hate to leave the place we put so much work into to make it our own style.  I just don't think we can keep it.  It costs lots to keep it up and we both took the very early retirement due to health issues.  The monies are going fast.  The support you all give, means lots.

Thank you for your help in 06' and hugs to all........YES, WHERE IS THE GOOD NEW YEAR????

Palace   :)

single sided deafness