Author Topic: New Person Here!  (Read 4840 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: New Person Here!
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 08:23:09 pm »
Forgot to say in my earlier post that Dr. Roland is a name I've heard a lot and he's got a great reputation.

Good luck with your consultations!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ombrerose4

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 06:48:33 am »
Dr. Roland spoke at our last AN support group meeting here in NYC. We were all very impressed with him, not just his expertise in the field, but his demeanor as a human caring about another human. He was warm and friendly and very patient answering all of our questions. He truly cares about his patients and their outcomes.
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

james e

• 72 years, 1.7cm, trans lab Mar 2010, BAHA 5
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 08:12:06 am »
Sounds like you are in good hands! Welcome to the forum.

James

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 12:22:20 pm »
Hi Laurie,

Echoing what everyone else has said, Welcome to the group.  I am a patient of Dr. Roland's and cannot say enough good things about him.  He operates with Dr. Golfinos, also a top notch surgeon and caring human being.  If you decide to go with them, you will be in excellent, caring hands.  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about either of them.  And, btw, I have also heard very good things about Bigelow!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Lorbis

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 07:49:02 pm »
Well I just got home from New York and Dr. Roland-I did like him very much!  He is recommending translab surgery but also thinks I should wait 6 months to have another MRI to make sure it's actually growing.  He didn't seem to be too much of a proponent of the gamma knife but sent me up to see Dr. Golfinos- he wasn't in so I will return to see him.  I will also keep  my July appt with Dr. Bigelow for another opinion.

I knew this was going to happen!! Decisions decisions!! Not really too wild about losing the rest of my hearing!!