Author Topic: Dental Concerns  (Read 9875 times)

DeniseSmith

Re: Dental Concerns
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 11:14:06 am »
I have a dental appointment next week.  I am nervous, but hopeful that i have been diligently brushing and flossing will have some impact on my appointment.  The only thing I worry about is I can't get my mouth open very wide.  Did any of you have problems with your dentist on this issue?

Denise

sunshine16

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2006, 12:18:45 pm »
I couldn't opened my mouth eiter But that should not be any problem.......... 

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2006, 01:25:32 pm »

me too ... I told him the whole ugly story, and he understood that he needed to keep my lips back himself, that I could not....
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

sunshine16

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2006, 01:10:26 pm »
Just want to update everyone who has dental concerns.  I just had the root canal done.  It was such a long process. I had 8 shots of anesthetic or what ever you call it *shrug*  Everything turned out good.  I had the Vicodin prescription but I chose not to take it.  I had soreness and tenderness but no pain.  That's it.  I thought I'd share this to let anyone knows to go see their dentist and don't be afraid.  I'm a big "chicken" but I made it. I guess after all I've gone through and still going through I admit I can be scared esp. seeing a needle right in front of my face.....he he =)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 09:49:08 am »
Like many, I used the days prior to my scheduled AN surgery to take care of routine things I knew I would not be able (or willing) to do, post-op.   took the precaution of having a full-mouth deep scaling and cleaning pre-surgery as I knew I would miss some dental appointments during my recovery.  I also perform diligent home-care (flossing, brushing) which helps.  My next cleaning appointment is in a week and I may move it to late July, instead.  I do not expect any problems, I just am not ready for any more intense physical experiences right now. 

Jim

UPDATEI was mistaken about that dental cleaning appointment...it's scheduled for July 24th.  No problem.    Jim S. 7/11/06
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 01:03:18 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Jeanlea

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2006, 01:15:12 pm »
I had my 6 month dental check-up today, the second check-up since my surgery last September.  All is still well.  No cavities.  The hygienist said she noticed that I can open my mouth wider than last time so that was good to hear.  Even with facial paralysis and numbness one can still have a good dental check up.

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

DeniseSmith

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2006, 06:34:13 am »
Jeanlea,

I agree. I went to the dentist in June and all was well.  I had not been for five years,  yes, I like to put off all my medical and dental issues, anyway.  No cavaties, and very little plaque.  My dentist was surprised, but happy.   He also reminded me to be sure that i check the inside of my cheek for food after eating.  He recommended rinsing with Listerine to help combat any food particles left.

Denise