Author Topic: Pre-op today, surgery mon, at HEI  (Read 4980 times)

Lesliegc

Pre-op today, surgery mon, at HEI
« on: July 21, 2011, 08:16:52 am »
I'm here in LA gearing up for my day of pre-op testing in about an hour. Surgery is Monday with Drs. Friedman and Schwartz. I'm edgy and tired from the time change and not enought sleep, but otherwise eager to get this show on the road and then get on with my life! The flight from boston was really easy, but wow, MAJOR ringing in ear afterward and all night. I'll write a post when I am on the other side of the surgery....prayers and good wishes much appreciated. Leslie
4mmx9mm  right side
diagnosed 6/11/11
middle fossa  7/25/11 at HEI
developed chronic headaches at 5 months post op

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Pre-op today, surgery mon, at HEI
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 01:47:02 pm »
Hi, Leslie ~

I'm glad you had a comfortable flight and arrived safely.  You have two highly experienced doctors and are in a renowned facility (HEI) so you should come out of this procedure just fine.  You'll be in my thoughts and prayers as you approach the Big Day.  I know it may be difficult but try to enjoy the weekend.  See you on 'the other side'!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 01:48:36 pm »
Hi Leslie .....

You are in fabulous hands with Drs. Friedman and Schwartz so I know you will do well.  (I was in your shoes with them in my head just over two months ago.)  :o  Everyone out there was so good to both my husband and me during our 16 day stay in LA.  (We deliberately chose to go out a few days early and stayed a few days longer than required.)  I had absolutely no problems on the return flight home (LA to Washington, DC, then home).  However, the ringing ears did not change.   :'(

Many thoughts and prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

ksiwek

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 08:57:48 pm »
Best of luck to you as you prepare for surgery!  I am sending positive thoughts your way!  I second Clarice's comments about Drs Friedman and Schwartz!  The staff and HEI and St Vincent's are phenomenal....you are in great hands!!!

Keep us posted on how you are doing!

Praying for a speedy and uneventful recovery!
Kris
Translab 6/4/10 for 4+ cm left AN.  Drs Friedman and Schwartz at HEI saved my life!
BAHA surgery on 10/7/10 with Dr Battista of Chicago Ear Institute (Oticon Ponto Pro)

Mei Mei

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 08:39:55 am »
Ditto.  They are THE BEST and THE NICEST.   You're in the best of hands.     I talked with Dr. Friedman before my surgery and he recommended Middle Fossa.   I didn't go and had retrosigmoid here.   It's my biggest regret in life.
Hugs to you.  You're gonna be fine!

Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

JAndrews

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 02:41:45 pm »
You are in the best hands.....you are going to be fine! Be patient with your recovery..best wishes to you:)
2.5cm x2.0cm cerebellapontine angle meningioma. 100% removal 2/2009. House Ear Institute. Dr Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz. SSD right ear. No balance problems except when really tired, no headaches. Transear hearing aide made no difference, tried it for 4 months.

Glenda

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 07:23:47 pm »
Praying and of course sending you best wishes!! You are in the hands of the BEST at HEI!!!  I know you will do Great!!  Looking forward to hearing from you on the other side ;-)

Glenda
Diagnosed 5 mm AN  Jan 2008
Deep in IAC
June 2010 7 mm
July 2011 8.5 mm
July 2012 1.1 cm
Nov 28, 2012 Mid Fossa Surgery Wake Forest Baptist Hospital-Winston-Salem NC, Dr John Wilson and Dr Eric Oliver

SSD tinnitus dizziness

Lesliegc

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 07:30:19 pm »
Thanks everyone! Appreciate the prayers and well wishes. hope I can sleep.....
Leslie
4mmx9mm  right side
diagnosed 6/11/11
middle fossa  7/25/11 at HEI
developed chronic headaches at 5 months post op

Mei Mei

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 08:23:19 pm »
Sending you good vibes for the best outcome ever.   Remember, you are in good hands..

Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Itheus

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 09:13:59 pm »
Thinking about you Lesliegc.  I'm sure everything will go smooth and it sounds like you're in great hands!