Author Topic: CaringBridge Bridges Support  (Read 2375 times)

schmidtkat

CaringBridge Bridges Support
« on: August 26, 2011, 01:02:34 pm »
Hello everyone,

Finding this ANA Discussion Forum has been an absolute blessing. Certainly not because we are blessed to have these tumors, but because we have a place to share and support one another. For that, I truly thank all of you. As I read, and not always respond, I am comforted in so many ways.

During my time on this forum I've been particularly encouraged and supported by Cheryl with many PMs since my AN diagnosis on July 28, 2011. As I approach my surgery, Sept. 2nd, she suggested I share my CaringBridge page with all of my new found AN family. Here's the link http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kathysconnection . Feel free to drop in to this link for my updates. Writing on those journaling pages is giving me a place to release my thoughts, feelings and provide updates. While it's theraputic for me, I certainly don't expect it to be a rivoting read.

Perhaps you or someone you know might benefit from creating one of these pages. It's definitely been helpful for me to post updates in one place and allow family & friends to post a response as they desire. I can't tell you how many times I go back to the guestbook to read and reread the supportive messages.

I continue to count this AN family in my blessings and wish you all the very best!

Kathy

Kaybo

Re: CaringBridge Bridges Support
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 05:32:21 am »
Kathy-
Thank you for the link!! Thoughts & prayers coming your way in anticipation of your upcoming surgery!!

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

schmidtkat

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 03:41:48 am »
Hi everyone,

I had some requests for photos. The one I tried to post on here has not worked. I just get a red X where it should appear. Does anyone know how to fix that?

The photos I posted to my Caring Bridge are showing up. So if you want to put a face with the name and/or see my family you may check out the original post in this thread for the link.

Thanks,
Kathy

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 08:21:18 am »
Hi Kathy .....

Thoroughly enjoyed reading your CaringBridge page and seeing your pictures.  It always helps to put pictures with names.  Regarding putting pictures on here ...... hopefully our techie gurus will post a reply soon.  Very simply ..... the easiest way is to register for a free photobucket account (see:  http://photobucket.com/ ), upload your picture/s to it and then go to your profile page here and copy the URL in the appropriate box.

I have to identify with your "thumps" in church.  The prayers of my church family, as well as my personal family and friends, were what kept me going during those very dark days of the original diagnosis, decision-making, treatments, and recoveries.  I truly do not know how people get through this without a deep faith.

Thinking about you so much as you approach your surgery and recovery at House.  Dr. Schwartz is the one who will be doing the actual tumor removal and he is absolutely amazing!!  So, so glad I made the decision to travel to LA for my surgery three months ago.

Many thoughts and prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011