Author Topic: Feeling Alone?  (Read 1645 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Feeling Alone?
« on: October 18, 2012, 09:29:09 am »
To All of the Newcomers or Newbies, :D

If you are just new to this site, let me welcome you.... as you are doing your research, let me make you aware that by visiting this site, you have found a literally plentiful support site, you have found tons of information and people who have gone and are still going through treatment as you may be considering for yourself. I would urge you to consider your choices well and to come back often and discuss this with the people here.

Many people have gone through this! You are most certainly NOT alone! As you go through this journey figuring do I or don't I have this Acoustic Neuroma thingy....
the first thing that you should do is slow down, it is not as bad as you think, there are many options nowadays out there.

Consider my case, in 2004 I very nearly went into a panic and landed at another site one which primarily dealt with metastatic brain tumors. The good thing about having an Acoustic Neuroma is that it doesn't spread. But the bad thing about it is that you will probably have to do something about it.

The first thing you can do.....is don't panic.....

Consider well your treatment options and get opinions (I would recommend 3 at least) depending on which treatment option that you decide to go with. There are in the Physians section of this site plenty of recommendations. I would heartily recommend that whatever you choose that you go with a  well recognized hospital and physian.

Now that you have found this site, I would recommend that you go through it thoroughly.

Welcome once again to the ANA forum...this is a long road you are on....(you certainly don't need to rush in a hurry through it) there are many people to help you here, remember you are not alone, you may feel strange among your inner circle of family members (as I once did) but certainly you are not unique. Consider your options carefully....

I don't feel qualified enough to speak from a Medical point of view (as I am not a doctor), but from the point of view of an end user consumer. There are others here who are more experienced than I.  At this point, they chime in.

Mike

1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!