Author Topic: 2 Years post and counting!  (Read 1884 times)

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
2 Years post and counting!
« on: December 11, 2011, 09:37:01 am »
Funny thing about December 9th...for several days leading up to that date I was thinking about my 2 year anniversary, but then that day hit and I totally forgot about it, it wasn't until the next day my wife mentioned something about it! Anyways, I am happy to report that everything is still ticking along.  As far as my symptoms, my balance is not too bad, I do have my moments though.  I also sometimes still get way overexhausted...part of the reason is I work a night shift, and on my days off I "switch" to days then back to nights when I work.  I just can't handle it anymore, so I've been campaigning big time at work to get switched to days.  It may happen around the beginning of next year...so we'll see.  The hearing on my AN side is still there, but its pretty useless to really hear anything good out of.  So as some of you know, I got my BAHA (Ponto) and have been getting used to it and enjoying its benefits. I would say all the crap I had to go through to get it has been worth it.  So that's it in a nutshell, if any newbies are reading this, just know there is life after AN, and it's good! :)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: 2 Years post and counting!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 01:54:29 pm »
Hi, Jay ~

It's always refreshing to read a positive update from an AN patient celebrating the anniversary of their procedure, in your case, Middle Fossa surgery.  Like most AN post-surgical patients, you have a few issues but overall, are clearly well-recovered.  Kudos to you - and thanks for posting!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 02:52:08 pm »
Congrats, Jay!!  ;D

Glad things are going well - especially with the BAHA; I know you had some unusual issues with that.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

frenchjoey

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 02:34:47 am »
Good for you and many thanks for such a positive feedback! We newbies DO need it.

Very best wishes to you and your family!

Joey