Author Topic: Life is!  (Read 3026 times)

peace217

Life is!
« on: December 21, 2011, 02:28:34 pm »
Hello to all,

I have been reading many of the stories from those that are experiencing acoustic neuromas for over a year now and have finally felt it was time to share.   My Heart goes out to all that are experiencing this type of medical problem.  I guess I have been waiting and watching these entries and now feel that maybe if I share I too could help another who is feeling anxious about this experience.  There are many worse off than I so I do not seek sympathy, only to share.  I'll try to keep this short.  In June, 2006 I recieved a work related head injury that developed into post traumatic meniere's disease (not fun).  After intra-cranial surgery(left side) and a hearing aid I was able to return to work (thank God)!  Ten months later I began having vertigo, again and more tinnitus, this time on the right side of the head.  A MRI revealed an acoustic neuroma in my right ear canal.  In the past week my hearing has dimminished substantially in my right ear (my left ear is deaf).  I have no medical insurance but may be getting some soon.  These things I can't control but fortunately I have a wonderful relationship with our Creator.  I have learned how important it is to stay focused on the positive that today can offer because yesterday is gone and tomorrow will wait.  My neuro-otologist told me at my last appointment that I could go deaf in 5 minutes or 5 years, this was 6 and a half months ago.  I think there could be profound lonleyness with being deaf but what would life be if there were no mountains to climb.  Take Care!  Peace217

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Life is!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 03:10:53 pm »
Peace ~

Thank you for sharing your story with us.  It is both poignant and inspirational.  Although your medical problems are somewhat daunting, your positive attitude and reliance on our Creator is both uplifting and a fine example of how spiritual faith can be the best weapon against despair and depression when life becomes difficult. 

I will keep you in prayer and trust that your hearing will be retained, you'll acquire medical insurance and your faith will be rewarded in ways you never thought possible.  Meanwhile, try to keep us appraised of how things are going with you.  We care and we want to help in whatever way we can so please stay connected, here.  Thanks.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

LisaP

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 06:30:48 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your story with us.  Life throws many curves at us and it is obvious that your faith carries you through.  Best wishes and happy holidays.

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

TJ

• 1.2 cm AN right side, CK November 2010
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 07:42:36 pm »
I also wish you the best.  Your faith will carry you when you are tired.  Your faith will also help keep you positive.  For myself I know that faith is so important.

Please as the other state keep us informed.

TJ

peace217

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 02:33:14 pm »
Thank you for you kind and encouraging words.   Merry Christmas (it is the reason for the season that counts!)

Peace217