Author Topic: 1 year post Middle Fossa surgery, doing well  (Read 2259 times)

miriamgail

1 year post Middle Fossa surgery, doing well
« on: February 07, 2012, 10:31:26 pm »
I was operated 12/15/10 at House Ear Clinic for left AN, had Middle Fossa surgery. My hearing was preserved, and the disabling vertigo, which was my presenting symptom, completely resolved. Over one year later, I have virtually no symptoms, just some fleeting imbalance when overtired, and metallic taste on tongue. Hard to believe that I ever had neurosurgery. I am so grateful to Drs. Fayad and Schwartz at House Ear Clinic.

JanetD

Re: 1 year post Middle Fossa surgery, doing well
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 06:39:19 am »
That is really good to hear.  I will be having middle fossa surgery on Feb 28 at HEI.  Like you I suffer from vertigo constantly.
Glad you are doing well.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 03:28:12 pm »
Miriam ~

Congratulations on your excellent recovery - and thanks for posting your encouraging update.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

miriamgail

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 09:05:09 pm »
Thank you to the discussion forum for all the information and support along the way.

Best of luck to you Janet for your surgery and recovery. I hope you have relief from the vertigo and an easy recovery.