Author Topic: Encouraged at 2-month post Gamma Knife procedure  (Read 1807 times)

HisHands

Encouraged at 2-month post Gamma Knife procedure
« on: February 16, 2012, 10:37:42 pm »
Today marks two months post GK procedure and I'm happy to report I feel great.  Although two months is a  short period of time, I haven't experienced balance issues, severe headaches, concentration/memory issues, facial issues, etc.  I've worked every day since treatment and very thankful for my progress. 

I've continued to keep my ordeal very private, and I still conduct meetings at work, serve my community, etc.    It's amazing that the people I'm with every day have no idea of what I've been through.  It has taught me that we daily come in contact with people that may be privately experiencing health issues, heartaches, etc. that could use a word of encouragement, an act of kindness or just a smile.

This is not intended to be a bragging post, but intended to be encouragement to others facing fear no matter what decision is made for choice of treatment.  For several weeks after my treatment, I faced fear of the unknown and was concerned about what "might" happen.  For me, an abundance of prayer and strengthening of faith certainly calmed my fears.  Additionally, the encouragement I received from several on this forum was and still is greatly appreciated.  Jim Scott once said that you have to make peace with your AN and it took me a little while to "get it"......Jim, I'm happy to say that I've made peace with mine and it certainly made a difference.  I will continue to give updates on my future progress.  Thanks again for all the wisdom, advice and knowledge that is shared on this site.  Blessed to be in His Hands, Emma
Emma
1.5 x 1.5 x 2cm AN in left ear;  MRI 11/16/2011;  GK on 12/16/11

...In Your hand is power and might and Your hand gives strength to all.... I Chronicles 29:12

luttman

Re: Encouraged at 2-month post Gamma Knife procedure
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 12:06:29 pm »
Very well said.

I am 9 days post gamma knife and feel great.

I think I made peace with my AN when I decided on GK.
This experience has opened my eyes also that other people may be suffering in silence with medical or other issues.

Hopefully I will show more patience and compassion to others that are having a "bad day".

Rom 8:28.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Encouraged at 2-month post Gamma Knife procedure
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 03:18:43 pm »
Emma ~

Congratulations on your outstanding GK recovery and your affirmative outlook.

Thanks too, for your generous words and know that I'm honored to have had a small part in helping you successfully cope with a trying situation.  We'll be looking forward to your updates.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.