Author Topic: 4 days post op Retro @ House  (Read 6393 times)

Manders

• Look closely. God's fingerprints are everywhere.
    • Awkward Turtles
Re: 4 days post op Retro @ House
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 05:13:34 pm »
Congrats, Mindy, on making it to the other side! I look forward to being in your position soon. Sounds like things are going well for you--hope to keep hearing good reports on your recovery.  :)
Diagnosed February 2012 * 1.3cm tumor * Experienced sudden & total hearing loss in 2007 in right ear * Translab scheduled for May 11, 2012*Follow my blog at: www.awkwardturtlesan.blogspot.com

JAndrews

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 06:01:33 pm »
I am so happy to hear you are doing well. I had a sore throat for about 3 weeks--it is from being intubated. I ate all of my meals at the cafeteria at St Vincents. 2 days before I left CA, I walked to the Burger King with my husband. The food at the cafeteria was better:)
2.5cm x2.0cm cerebellapontine angle meningioma. 100% removal 2/2009. House Ear Institute. Dr Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz. SSD right ear. No balance problems except when really tired, no headaches. Transear hearing aide made no difference, tried it for 4 months.

Mei Mei

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 06:04:07 pm »
Cindy,
I am so happy to hear your wonderful news.   You are definitely one of our success stories.   YAHOOO!
Ask for lots of ice cream and ice pops.   That will help with the throat.   It will go away in a day or two.
Hugs to you,
Mei Mei   ;D
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 06:05:19 pm »
Flight leaves at 6 am tomorrow yippee. Going home. Cannot wait to see my kids. I will then give details of my surgery.
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 11:39:54 pm »
Cindy...sounds like you are doing just swimmingly well there! I bet you are glad to be home (should be by the time you read this!)  Remember...just take it easy...listen to your body and DON'T overdo it!!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

Twindy

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 09:58:15 am »
So glad to hear you are doing well.  Take it easy and tell your boys to take care of you!

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 12:17:06 pm »
You are truly a success story with the surgeons at HEI cannot wait for you to share everything once you return home and settle in will be a inspiration to any Newbies out there even if they just send their reports to the doctors for a telephone consult they truly seem to care about people...
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

Nimrod

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2012, 06:54:20 pm »
Mindy,
 I'm a newbie and just started to read your posts. Really glad to see you are doing well.
 You are a great insparation!
 Hope all continues well.
 Craig