Author Topic: Why us?-Why me?  (Read 7069 times)

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
Re: Why us?-Why me?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 08:34:22 pm »
Now, if I could just find the magic bullet to make two teenagers listen to me and decide that I am all-knowing and powerful life would be 100% perfect!!! LOL

Jan

Jan - good luck with this!   ;D

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

cindyj

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 07:49:06 am »
There is very little different about my life post op - sure, I'd like to not be SSD and would love for all that noise in my head to be quiet, but I do everything that I did prior to surgery...and more...

Last week, my husband & I were out on our Friday night dance date (dancing is new to me since surgery :)) and the place we go was having a fund raiser for a man who was a professional dance instructor...he lost a leg several years ago and then recently lost one of his hands.  He came on the dance floor on crutches to thank everyone...then he dropped his crutches, took a dance partner and danced a cha cha!  On one leg!  We think we have balance problems around here!  It was amazing - I later saw him back w/ his crutches doing a waltz.  What a spirit and attitude ;D

I feel very lucky!

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 02:19:05 pm »
Cindy,

My, what a truly inspirational story! Thanks! I must admit this post has inspired a lot of self reflection as to what our true purpose on this blue green marble is. I believe it is to encourage us to inspire others to make the best choices in health care and their continued search for the best of the best in terms of caring for one another.

Once more I say thank you ANA forum and moderators, I believe in the motto " if not us, then whom?"

Have a nice weekend! Do something nice for yourself, you deserve it!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Cindyswart

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 09:54:18 am »
I too was inspired, but also by a tragic event. A very dear friend of mine had a backhoe accident- he lost his left eye and has parital paralysis on the right side of his face. His right eye functions, but because of the paralysis he has blinking problems. This as we know is much the same that we ANers have or have had to deal with. He called me last night for some advise as he was a support for me during my ordeal. I really did not know how I had affected many around me but from that phone call I understand now that WHAT we are given to deal with , but HOW we deal with it. I hope I can be a help to anyone else and I am truly blessed.
Diagnosed 4/19/11 An 1.5x1.9x2.0
Surgery 8/23/11, Dr Fukushima.
Total tumor removed. SSD.
Second surgery 11/11/11 for abscess

I'm gona work like I don't need the money
I'm gona laugh like I'm not afraid to cry
I'm gona dance like nobody's watchin'
I'm gona love while I still have the time!