Author Topic: disregard  (Read 2292 times)

freefallin

disregard
« on: March 31, 2012, 04:37:12 am »
...disregard.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 01:03:58 pm by freefallin »

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
Re: Scared. I'm potentially putting 2 and 2 together.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 04:49:55 am »
Greetings!! I am sorry you have had so many issues.  Have you gone to a doctor yet for any of these? AN's are rare and can only be accurately detected by getting an MRI.  That said, all the symptoms of an AN can be caused by other issues...so I wouldn't hesistate on getting to a doctor and get some answers to what's going on with you. I look forward to hearing any updates you might have.  Good luck and take care!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 06:40:11 am »
I agree with Jay.  You need to go to a doctor, a ENT might be a good place to start since you're having problems hearing and have the fullness feeling in the ear.  From my own experience, I would ask for a thin cut MRI with contrast; this is crushall.  At least then the doctor can determine if it's an AN or not and you can go on from there.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 07:35:18 am »
Hi freefallin .....

First of all, take several deep breaths, you obviously have many health issues going on here, but anxiety makes all of them much worse.  Do whatever mental processes you need to to bring calm to yourself so you can think through these things more clearly.

As the others have said, basically only an MRI with contrast will confirm or deny the presence of an acoustic neuroma so you really need to see a doctor for that referral/order.  Even your PCP can order the MRI.

Yes, your symptoms are consistent with a possible acoustic neuroma, but they can also indicate other medical reasons, as well.

My recommendation (other than getting an MRI) is to eliminate all caffeine, salt, and refined sugar and see if it helps any of your symptoms, especially the severe headaches.  Post-op headaches are more common with ANs than a presenting symptom, although it can be a significant symptom if you have an AN close to the brainstem or the trigeminal nerve.

Thoughts and prayers for peace and calm as you do whatever it takes for relief.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 12:19:32 pm »
Freefallin ~

The short answer to your question of whether your stated symptoms are reminiscent of an AN is 'yes'.   

I'm sorry that you are unsatisfied with the responses you received here.  However, you acknowledged that you understand we're not doctors and cannot diagnose you (or anyone) so with the variety of symptoms you listed, it is impossible to offer any kind of credible response to you except to point out that an MRI is the only sure way to determine if you have an acoustic neuroma (or any other kind of tumor).  If that is unsatisfactory, I regret it - but we can only respond with what we know to be true. 

Frankly, if you have no intention of seeing a doctor than there is little anyone can do for you at this point so I hope you'll reconsider your decision to erase the site address from your computer memory based on the fact that we simply offered a reasonable response based on a desire to help you as best we could.  Again, I'm sorry you were so disappointed with us and hope you'll reconsider your decision.

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

freefallin

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 01:02:55 pm »
I was looking to have a simple question answered and maybe find some people who could relate to talk to seeing how I'm stuck alone in my room 95% of the time these days, not read the same thing I've already heard ad nauseum. I hoped my disclaimer would make that clear, but some people I guess can't help themselves with the lectures. There's no need to respond at all if you know all you're going to post is precisely what I indicated I didn't want/need to hear *again.*

It was worth a shot; I'll return to trying to occupy myself with games and YouTube videos like I've been doing for months. Please delete this thread for me since I'm not seeing the remove topic button. Thank you.  :)