Author Topic: I'm Back and Need Prayers  (Read 3329 times)

kraynok2

I'm Back and Need Prayers
« on: April 10, 2012, 07:27:25 pm »
Hi Everyone,
    I must apologize first for not being able to be here for such a long time.  There has just been so much school work to do, that I could not get to the forum.  I have thought about and missed you all.  Things have been hectic here since October.  In October, my mother had a heart attack and had 2 stints put in.  She was put on Plavix because of the new medicated stints.  She had bleeding in November.  Mom has has some bleeding when going to the bathroom for about 2 years.  I tried to get her to go for a colonoscopy because I had some bleeding and it turns out I have Colitis.  She would not go.  Well, when she went back to the hospital for the bleeding, she had no choice.  They did one and she has a large poly that they did not remove.  They were considering surgery because it looks to have some small cancer, but because of the Plavix, she could not have surgery.  She would need to be off of it for 5-7 days, which was too risky at this time.  So they sent mom home to wait.  Not to change subjects midstream, but Thanksgiving week, my husband Ed was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer.  He had to do some research and decide which direction to go.  Back to mom--In January, she had another small heart attack and was back in the hospital. They were also still telling her that it was too soon to do the colon surgery.  Then she went to Cleveland Clinic for a second opinion.  The gastrointerologist thought he could do the removal through another colonoscopy.  He wanted her to see their heart doctor first.  That doctor said he would go along with it, but she would have to be off of the Plavix for 7-10 days.  But she said he said it in a way that was like he was trying to tell her something without saying it.  We all told her there was not decision.  It was just too early for her to be off of the Plavix.  She could die during the operation.  So mom did not go through with it, which was a good decision because she had more pain last week and was admitted back to the hospital. They did another catherization and found that she happens to be one of the 5% whose scar tissue starts closing up the stint. The doctor said it was more closed than before she had the stint.  They put her on Heparin to keep a blood thinner in her and to get the Plavix out of her body.  She will be having double by-pass open heart surgery tomorrow (Wednesday, April 11).  Mom is 81.  After the surgery, she will be in ICU for about 3 days and then back in the cardiac wing for around 5 days before going to a nursing home for rehabilitation.  I've been here in Ohio since the 4th and am very tired.  Please say some extra prayers for her.  Her name is Ann Beckes.  Thanks a lot.
  Back to Ed.  At first he was about 70% sure he wanted surgery.  But he kept reading and decided to go with 25 external radiation teatments and then have the seed implants.  He finished the 25 treatments and last Tuesday, the 3rd, had 78 seeds implanted.  He seems to be doing ok, but is quite tired.
  After my 2 surgeries last school year, I had hoped this year would go better.  Now it's Ed and mom.  Hopefully this will be it.  Tomorrow will be a long, stressful day, but the waiting this week has been hard, so we will be glad it will be over with and mom will be recovering.
   Thanks for letting me ramble.  You all are so good to listen.  Thanks.
Sandy

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
Re: I'm Back and Need Prayers
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 10:39:10 pm »
Sandy... I all I got to say is...ugh!  I am so sorry all these medical issues have been popping up for you and your family.  My prayers are definitely going out to you and yours.  Hopefully you'll start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel here and quick! Take care and hang in there!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

Suu

• Better out than in.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 02:15:58 am »
Sandy - you have my best wishes and so does your family. 
Please take time to take care of you first please? If you're healthy then you'll have the stamina to take care of your family and the worries that come with them.

(((((((Sandy)))))))

Lovenhugs from over here to over there.

Suu xxoo
4cm Left side AN Translab August 18th 2010
Facial nerve not working
Nerve conduction Jan '11 Repeated 23rd May '11
SSD left side
5 ops in 6 weeks to fix CSF leaks
Tarsorrhaphy 9 Mar '11 Extended 26 Aug '13
Sling Thur 16 June '11
12/7 nerve graft 9 Feb '12

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 07:09:09 am »
Sandy .....

I sent you an email, but will also put on here that you are very much in my thoughts and prayers today, especially.  You've had a really awful past several years with not only your own health issues, but with your husband and your mother, as well.  That is so unfair .....  You are a strong woman and you will make it through this, but many prayers along the way!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 07:38:31 am »
Hi Sandy,
Thanks for sharing the  the news about your family health issues.  And never feel that your issues aren't unimportant to us here.  I've been on here for about 5 years and it seems like just airing things like this seems to take some  of the stress out of it.  Sometimes you just need someone to talk to who undestands what it's like living post-AN, especially when you've had a difficult time of it.  I was one of those who had a real difficult time of it and  I find that jumping on here to share stuff makes handling "life" post-treatment  a little more bearable.  We have a bunch of great pray-ers here (why they're almost pros!).  We will all be thinking of you.

Hugs,

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 10:59:20 am »
Sandy ~

Wow, you've really had a lot on your plate recently and there is absolutely no need to apologize for not posting sooner.

Your mom and your husband will be in my prayers as they struggle with these serious medical issues.  Special payers for you, Sandy, that you'll have the strength and patience to handle these challenges your loved ones are facing.

Feel free to ramble here, anytime!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Aprilcl

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 12:41:15 pm »
Sandy,
Please stay strong and know that we are thinking of you and are praying for you and your family.  Chris and Will
Diagnosed 2011
Surgery 10/26/2012
Mass Gen and Mass Eye and Ear
Drs. Barker & McKenna
AN size 1.5 cm
Also vascular compression of facial nerve

Cheryl R

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 06:36:11 pm »
Sandy, I am sorry to hear that you have had more family health issues to deal with.       I had thought of your mother recently and wish it was better news and that things will go better for her.       Hope it goes well for your husband now too.       I am thinking of you and hope for the best everyone!
                                                                             Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care