Author Topic: Hearing Seems Better  (Read 2305 times)

FranDS

• 7mm; diag May 2, 2006
Hearing Seems Better
« on: August 04, 2006, 09:03:10 pm »
Have no idea if it's my imagination or not, but my AN ear seems to be hearing a little better. When I was first diagnosed in April, everything was tinny (tin ear?) and I experienced a full feeling in my ear.  When I slept on my good left ear, I couldn't hear the wind chime that's hanging from my ceiling fan.  But  now, I hear a little tinkling and things aren't as tinny.  I even can hear a little better when I put my cell phone to my ear.  I'm still planning on CK.  I met with the doc about a month ago and am meeting with neurosurgeon on Tueday, next week.  He and Dr. S (CK) will work together and map the target, and I hope by the end of August it will be over and done with.  Since I will have to get an MRI before the CK procedure, I'm curious if the sizeof the AN  decreased.  It's weird that my hearing seems to have improved.

Fran
Fran
7mm May 2, 2006
Waiting and Watching

Battyp

Re: Hearing Seems Better
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 10:38:29 pm »
Fran,
  did you take any steriods?  If so that could explain the differences...hoping you get your mri and they say we need to cancel your procedure there's nothing there!

I'd do a happy dance for ya!  Then we could make lots of money on america's funniest videos  ;) :-*

FranDS

• 7mm; diag May 2, 2006
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 01:20:33 pm »
No, no steroids. 

I haven't been on the forum because my hard drive crashed and had to buy a new one and get it installed.  And the long process of rebuilding it!

I'm back now so I will be more active on the forum and will let you know the results of my appt and the MRI.
Fran
7mm May 2, 2006
Waiting and Watching

targa72e

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 08:52:53 pm »
Hi,

Sometimes you just get lucky (hopefully you are lucky). My hearing has improved over the last year. I had it tested last week and I only missed one word on the SRT test (96% was at 64% last year). My tumor is small and has not shown significant growth in the last year (basically I am with in the reading error of a MRI). My hearing recovery has prompted me to start gathering opinions as to continue waiting or do something sooner. I did find that while I was luck in getting my hearing back am unlucky in my chance of keeping it. My tumor is very close to the cochlea which make hearing loss from tumor growth more likely and any type of treatment is more  likely to cause me to loose my hearing (just found this out last week).  >:(

john
5mm x 5mm watching and waiting

Static

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 06:55:17 pm »
It must be a good feeling to start hearing better again, I'm glad for everyone who does.  I wish I could say the same.  With the very recent heat wave we've had and the air conditioners running all the time, and now the fan and it's august so all the secadas are singing, aaahhhhhh!!!  I feel like I have a very noisy concert going on in my head and my hearing feels like it's disappearing!  I still can't get over how you can hear the tinnitus, and so loudly, in an ear that can't hear any regular sounds  :-\  It's baffling how there are many cures out there for many things and they can't do anything about stupid tinnitus.  I get so annoyed with it and also very confused and NEVER know where a sound is coming from.  Drives me crazy when someone calls out my name and I have no idea where the sound is coming from.  Then again, most of the time, I don't even hear it!  When a small dog barks, omg, I think my head is going to explode, must be the pitch.  I wish, right now, that I could go shake the darn trees and make all the secadas fly away, then again, they'd probably bite me! LOL  Hopefully all the dragonflies I saw outside tonight will eat many of the mosquitoes around here.  It's been so hot and there are way too many bugs for my liking.  Ok, so now that I'm way off target, I'll stop.  That's my random thoughts for the night :)
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right