Author Topic: Philosophy 101  (Read 2509 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Philosophy 101
« on: March 24, 2012, 10:05:55 am »
Everybody,

I woke up this morning, thankful for the people around me, and thankful that I found a few friends on the ANA forum. How many of us stop to count our blessings.

That I feel should be a lesson we can all start our day with!

Have a nice weekend as you continue on your respective AN journey , may you find the peace of mind that comes with sharing your heart be willing to accept advice as I have from many of you.

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Re: Philosophy 101
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 09:11:31 am »

hi, Everybody!

It's been quite a while since I've brought this thread up. Thanks go out to my ANA forum friends for helping with a difficult time in all of our lives that of coping with the news that we have an acoustic neuroma and deciding on a variety of different options. In my view it all comes down to a matter of your outlook. It is not hopeless! Here you have friends and an outlet for your individual frustrations. Blogging or talking it out with some of us is preferable to sinking into a deep depression and handling it alone.

Again how you deal with it, is up to you.

I can tell you that pre-2004, I was on my own doing research individually, gathering data off of the internet, everything. I was aware that this site existed but at the time I was so involved and scared that I didn't make use of these vast resources. It turned out delaying my treatment by 6 months! Had I known then what I know now, my treatment might have been vastly different.

I'm back to tell you, that you may not have that much time. These buggers in our heads grow slowly but some grow fast. My neurosurgeon, Dr. Sisti said that this one had been there a long time and was masking itself with my other symptomology, I had balance issues as I had had a stroke in 1974. I was very lucky that they caught it in time!

Now that you are here, use us, we have a wealth of information for you, and fellowship is invaluable.

You must be in shock those among you that are new to this, the newbies, slow down get your bearings among all the things that I and others here on the forum will advise is do your research, then lay out your research on the floor in front of you and go with your gut  and make your decision and then God will do the rest.

Good luck, if you stick with us at least you'll have somewhere to go to discuss your frustrations in your individualized case. God's speed! You are fortunate to have found us! Welcome!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

It is what it is

Re: Philosophy 101
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 07:07:16 am »
Thanks for sharing. It is helpful to me. 
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.