Author Topic: LIFE IS GOOD!!!  (Read 10682 times)

jenichol

• Fear not, for I Am with you - Isaiah 41:10
Re: LIFE IS GOOD!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 07:11:39 am »
Jan

What tremendous hope and encouragement you have given on this forum.  It really helps me to think about a
5 yr anniversary as I approach surgery this Friday. 

Thanks so much and congrats!

The other Jan
48 yo female --3+cm right sided AN. Retro sig removal 6-22-12 at UVA.  SSD right ear.  HA.  Constant Loud Tinnitus. Fullness. Imbalance.

It is what it is

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 10:47:58 am »
To the "other Jan",
Best wishes to you on Friday.   :)

Karen F
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 08:19:09 am »
Jan,

I agree life is good! When I look back on the experience I am simply amazed at how far and how fast we have arrived at this point my congratulations to you as you pass another of the signifigant mile posts in your life may we all be where you are today with your winning attitude! You encourage us all that the glass is not half empty but instead half full. It is people like you who encourage us to refill our glasses!!!!

Thanks!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 09:55:02 am »
Life is Good

I am fast approaching my July 2nd anniversary and can't believe it has been yearsrs since we evicted Bennie

the first couple months I thought maybe should have just left him in and let nature take it's course ... I was in that much pain and that much distress... but it passed and things got better and life goes on

let me tell you all ... things do get better and I would do it all over again

Hope you 5 year ANniversary was grand

3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2012, 02:29:27 pm »
My 5th ANniversary was grand.

Hope your ANniversary is just as wonderful.

Some things need to be celebrated  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

It is what it is

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 02:37:52 pm »
Hurray!!   It is wonderful to know you celebrated your milestone and life is good for you.  I'm sure we are all looking forward to that ANniversary.    :D

Karen F
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2012, 08:03:41 am »
I want to share that I just had my 4th on June 16. I FEEL GREAT. Actually I've felt pretty good since my 3rd. But this last year has made a huge difference with my two biggest issues--the dizziness & the chronic headaches. Over the last year my head has been clear most of the time & the headaches have subsided a great deal. I am looking forward to my 5th in the hopes that I feel even better then.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

It is what it is

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2012, 08:15:25 am »
It's encouraging to hear symptoms can continue to improve!!!!!!

millie

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2012, 08:31:36 am »
Congratulations from me too!  I was feeling headachey and full headed and your five year milestone and everyone's stories here give all us newbies  hope as we watch and wait and learn.  Thank you!  Millie

Keri

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2012, 08:14:06 am »
I can't believe I missed this on your anniversary! You are an inspiration and help to so many on the forum.

I think life after AN is tough, especially at first, but it can and will make you stronger. I have much more courage now, and faith in the Lord, and fantastic AN friends that I'm so glad I met.

I've done more physically (distance running etc) that I had prior to my AN. It's not that I felt better, but I just have more nerve to try some things.

Some things are still a drag... part of my face always feeling numb, the SSD, but  - you are right - life is good!

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

texsooner

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2012, 09:21:21 am »
Jan, I missed this too. 5 years is great, congrats. I'm just a little bit over a year behind you. You've been a great help to many newbies and oldies (like me) on the forum. You are also the very first forum AN'er that I got to meet in person. I agree with your title....life is good. Congrats again.

Patrick
3.5cm left side AN; 11 hour retrosigmoid surgery 8/11/08 @ Memorial Hermann, Houston - Texas Medical Center with Drs. Chang and Vollmer; home on 8/13/08;
SSD(w/tinnitus); dry eye; Happy to be here and feeling good.