Author Topic: Post surgery throat tickle?  (Read 2186 times)

stephSF

• Live each day to the fullest.
Post surgery throat tickle?
« on: July 08, 2012, 09:44:36 pm »
Hi.  5 months post Translab.  I still have my facial nerve with no obvious paralysis .  I have, however, a tickle and cough almost constantly the last month.  I thought it was allergies, but am thinking it may be my facial nerve.  The surgeons did leave a scrap of the tumor on my facial nerve.  Anyone have a tickle or cough and what have you found out about it?  Thanks
1.6 cm AN Translab with Dr.'s Friedman and Shwartz with HEI on 1-25-2012.  I am doing great!  Surgery saved my life :).   Be brave, have a great attitude, and hire the best surgical team!!!!

mindyandy

• Loving Life
Re: Post surgery throat tickle?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 05:00:58 am »
Hi Steph. I would email Dr. Friedman and ask him. I have some under eye twitching because of my facial nerve but no weakness. I don't have the throat tickle thing. Well I do but its allergies.
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

Cheryl R

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 07:23:23 am »
Have you had any problem with acid reflux?    Is it worse after sleeping and get up in the am?     That is one possibility.    Any salty taste?      Is it less likely it is a CSF leak than acid reflux causing it.  Any nose drip?      Is it worse after bending over some?       Try chewing some gum and see if that helps it.          The facial nerve is very doubtful to be causing it.                                      Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

stephSF

• Live each day to the fullest.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 10:02:01 am »
Dr. Friedman will be calling me today per his email reply from last night.  I will let you guys know what he thinks.  Thanks---
Steph
1.6 cm AN Translab with Dr.'s Friedman and Shwartz with HEI on 1-25-2012.  I am doing great!  Surgery saved my life :).   Be brave, have a great attitude, and hire the best surgical team!!!!