Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 4170 times)

justjohn85

Hello everyone
« on: November 17, 2011, 04:15:20 pm »
Just wanted to introduce myself as i stumbled on this website looking for people who had been through cross facial nerve graft like me.

just want to give you guys some details about my background. I'm 26yrs old with a facial palsy which i was born with. i recently(2 months ago)  underwent the second stage of the CFNG where they removed muscle from my chest and unto my paralysed face.

My face is still swollen but not as bad as it was two months ago. i still dont look any different apart from the swollen face but reading some of the posts here it looks like it may take a while to start seeing results.

can anyone here give me some clue as to when i might start seeing some kind of movement and also any tips to reduce the swelling? thanks

justjohn85

Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 02:50:47 pm »
No one posts here anymore?  8)

Brewers7

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 03:13:42 pm »
Justjohn,
     Welcome to the forum.  There are some who have had this procedure or something similar.  They will probably respond soon.  I suggest that you check back tomorrow.  Susan
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 03:58:51 pm »
Hi, John ~

Thanks for posting.  These are fairly active forums but only a few of our members have undergone cross facial grafts and they probably have not seen your question, yet.  Of course, as we constantly warn AN patients, not every patient has anything close to an identical outcome, even with a facial graft.  I have read posts from folks who didn't see movement for many, many months only to post an elated message announcing facial movement long after the graft surgery.  Others see a response in their facial movements much sooner.  It's highly personalized and there really is no hard and fast time frame.  However, I hope you see movement sooner rather than later.  Meanwhile, I suggest that you keep checking here for response from fellow facial graft patients.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

justjohn85

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 06:05:14 pm »
Thanks guys. i'll keep checking for any reply.

kim508

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 10:20:35 pm »
hi..
I had the 7-12 and the cross facial never graft..there is two parts to my surgery soo the first part this just implant it and let it grow soo i do not see movment, just from my toung, im going for the secound part hopfally soon, its beeen a year sence my first surgery and i am simtrical with litttle movement, hope to have more semtrical movement after the secound surgery is urs a two part surgery or just on surgery?

kim.. goood luck and just have to give it time, wich is the hardest thing to do, I know

justjohn85

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 10:54:47 am »
Hi kim, i just did the second part two months ago so just waiting for the swelling to go down and movement.

to be honest, right now what i'm bothered with is the swelling. i just want to get  on with my life whilst waiting for the movement to come back.

Nancy Pike

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 06:11:48 pm »
I am interested in having fat transfer but I am not sure where to start. If anybody had those procedures, please tell me some experience about the Fat Grafting. Thanks !!
:)