Author Topic: One year translab update.  (Read 2835 times)

PeaceAndLove

One year translab update.
« on: May 19, 2012, 04:54:24 pm »
Gosh.  Seems like a lot longer than 1 year.  I still get headaches, but they are more of a soreness than painful... definitely getting better.  A few months I had my first sneeze without it giving me a headache!  (That's nothing to sneeze at ya know. ;) )   I have not been able to bend from my waist w/out getting bad headaches since a few months post-op, but that is changing for the better, but very slowly.

I love to dance and read novels, but still can't do that but maybe a wee bit.   Not quite there... yet.

One benefit of the headaches is it seems to eliminate constant free floating anxiety (not from the surgery, just neurotic). 

I had a 6 month post-op MRI where they can see the scrap that was left.  Did not do a year MRI.

Reflecting back, I feel really, really lucky for the  awesome surgeons, a super-supportive, kind group here and my loving family and friends.  Many thanks for coming on my journey w/me and helping me out!! :-))

Peace and Love (to all)
4 X 4 X 3.3cm left side, solid, cystic tumor removed translab 5/12/11 by House Clinic, Brackmann/Schwartz at St. Vincent's Hospital.  Symptoms- Tingling on left side of tongue and taste loss.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: One year translab update.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 12:20:47 pm »
P&L ~

Thanks for taking the time to re-visit the ANA discussion forums and post your one-year update.  It appears as if your recovery is proceeding slowly but steadily, which is fairly common.  At least you're going in the right direction!  Here's hoping the next year is even better.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

PeaceAndLove

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 09:09:21 pm »
Thanks Jim  :)
4 X 4 X 3.3cm left side, solid, cystic tumor removed translab 5/12/11 by House Clinic, Brackmann/Schwartz at St. Vincent's Hospital.  Symptoms- Tingling on left side of tongue and taste loss.

It is what it is

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 08:29:26 pm »
Thanks for your update.  I hope your symptoms continue to improve.    My thoughts are with you. 

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

Linda1947

• Scheduling Surgery
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 07:17:28 am »
Glad you are doing so well.
LindaR

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 09:53:30 pm »
Congrats on your ANniversary!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways